Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Champion
    I've thought of installing some lights on one of my Spartans also.... I would remove the foam to install the wiring for the lights in the interior of the hull.

What style of lights/leds do you have in mind to use?
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier

What did you do to/get for your Spartan today?

I am thinking of some 2 basic LEDs in front part of the hull or go all out and get 2 inch LED bars from Vanquish with some blue 5mm LEDs out the backside of the transom. Maybe some red and green on the sides, I still want to add the police led bar on too for the cool effect.
    Last edited by Spartanator; 12-10-2013 at 01:11 PM.
    PM for info.....

RC Champion
    I'm thinking of just a white LED for the aft portion and red/green for the bow. I need to do a search to find a combo LED (red/green) if someone makes one.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    RcLighthouse, have never used the but they are in Ebay as well.
    PM for info.....

RC Qualifier
    Well I took mine to my LHS to get Castle 6.5mm bullet connectors and larger ESC wiring. It didnt happen, they were sketched out about the Castle Connectors. They did not know how they worked!?!?! Then the owner/manager and me got angry with me when I sold one of my rc's cars in front of his shop (my buyer was getting ready to buy $100 in batteries and chargers). He went bizerk and called security, he even cursed in front of customers children! He lost about $1,300 after ye yelled at me. Anyways me and the security guard talked and we had about a 30 minute conversation with nothing even related to the matter of RC... Guess the real owner walks in and he recognized (I think) me and I shook his hand, told him what had happened and shortly after that I kept getting NO, NO, NO, NO for any of my soldering needs! Done with them for good, guess I must learn how to solder now. Moral of the story do it your self, can't even count on people that say they are the best...
    I missed some smooth water today (
    Anyways this is how my Spartan sits at the moment:

PM for info.....

RC Qualifier
    Id never set foot near that garbage dump of a hobbyshop. Thank god he wasnt yelling at me or he would have needed to have his security to help him (to say the least LOL) Its funny because castle connectors HAVE TO BE THE EASIEST CONNECTOR TO SOLDER IN THE WORLD. Traxxas connectors make soldering castle connectors seem like a walk in the park.

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...th-boat-lights!!!!

RC Qualifier
    SoCal, thanks for the support. Great looking lights! Those are absolutely exquisite!
    PM for info.....

RC Champion
    Just remember that when a person uses profanity, "it (profanity) is the effort of a feeble mind trying to express it's self forcibly......
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier

Ran mine today!
    PM for info.....

RC Champion
    Did you get your new connectors installed?

The run looked good and fun.....
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    Unfortunately no connectors installed... Going to order the equipment tomorrow sometime. I am SHOCKED at how stable and fast it was. Of course my lipos were way up front and my tabs were all the way down... This is a true monster! It was screaming so loud and fast! That barge in the picture is repairing the bulkhead on the other side of the water, they heard this loud screaming noise and they flocked across there 'boat' to watch. One of the guys took a video, I hope to see it on YouTube! The hobby shop owner called today (he has my number from a previous repair job they did) and wanted sincerely apologize. He found out how the Castle Connectors worked and told he would do the solder job for half price... I told him no, I will never refer you establishment to anyone and that his employees need to be on a leash (figuratively speaking). He will never see another dime from me, to think that I used to recommend his shop makes me sick )
    PM for info.....

RC Qualifier
    Ordered more stuff!!!!! LEDS and soldering equipment. Ask Socalirevo about leds (PM him about them, he has a few pics up there)
    PM for info.....

RC Qualifier
    I was running mine today and guess what happened? ESC wires came undone, 'good job' Traxxas on the Spartan... Just waiting on soldering flux to arrive... What size solder wire should I use?

PM for info.....

RC Qualifier
    Got some parallel adapters to run (4) 3s packs, curious if my teflon liner will die will melt? Maybe I could just get a wire drive like I said I would do!
    PM for info.....

RC Qualifier
    boats gunna be heavy and handle like crap....

Also as you said the stock flex probably wont last or liner

RC Qualifier
    I think I will just keep using the lipo configuration the way I was. I do think it would handle chop better though... Never know until you test it right!
    New toys should be shipping out tomorrow!
    PM for info.....

RC Qualifier
    It will handle chop better

RC Champion
    Took the Spartan for a run on the pond Friday..... Haven't had the boat in the water since January.

Only ran 4s and 5s, had a real enjoyable day.... Best part.... nothing broke!!!!!
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    Ran mine a few days ago.. Haven't run mine since last fall. The best part, like orca44 said is that nothing broke! (knock on wood)
    Powered by Castle.....

RC Competitor
    I have cleaned and prepped my Spartan for running. I need to wait for warm weather. It is too cold. Also, I am waiting for a TQI docking base to come for it. And, yeah, that is it.
    If parts ain't flyin', you ain't tryin'

RC poster
    For my sonsí 13th birthday last month, I bought him a Stampede. I thought that after 39 39 years, I deserve my own toys and also bought a Summit and Spartan LIPO. I always wanted a fast RC boat. The Spatan LIPOS are being used in the Stampede, as it seams that 25C Traxxas batts do not meet the full potential of the brushless motor.
    I ordered from Kintec, carbon fiber carry stand with boat straps for transport, alum cooling jacket, dual pickup rudder kit, 3/16 strut, .078 wire drive and collet, adjustable billet trim tabs, larger Panther/Octura props in 1.5 and 1.6 pitch that I will sharpen and balance, bullet nuts, four hard case waterproof 6000mah 50C 3S LIPOs. I filled my catch with expanding foam and cut it clean, even sealed the rear vents so that I do not need a splash guard. I do not see the pint of air vents when there is no air intakes, and many guys race with the hatch fully tapped on. I created a hatch gasket by putting a bead of silicone caulking on the boat, over lay with saran wrap coated with Pam cooking spray, and placed the hatch on overnight, but not clipped. Removed the wrap in the morning. Makes a nice tight seal. I even clamped the water hoses they cannot pot off. I do not have plans to race at this time, but I want to break 65mph from day 1. From endless forums and internet research, I think that is reasonable. Guys are hitting 63 mph with original brushless motor and only upgrades to battery, copper 1.4 pitch props, 3/16 flex shaft which is much higher friction then a wire drive.

As far as Kintec, itís been over 3 weeks since I placed and paid for my order and nothing. I sent 2 emails and no response, and no phone number on their website. Paypall shows a phone number for them, but it is always busy. Our lakes and ponds do not thaw until very end of April or early May, so I have a bit of time.

RC Champion
    Looks like you are doing all the good things to your Spartan to achieve your speed desires. Trim set up will be the most time consuming thing to reach your goal.

Good luck and keep us up to date when you get clean ice free water......
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Competitor
    Prepared mine for this spring. Got it ready to go.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by RCROCKS75; 04-06-2014 at 07:45 PM.
    If parts ain't flyin', you ain't tryin'

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyinRyan View Post
    For my sons’ 13th birthday last month, I bought him a Stampede. I thought that after 39 39 years, I deserve my own toys and also bought a Summit and Spartan LIPO. I always wanted a fast RC boat. The Spatan LIPOS are being used in the Stampede, as it seams that 25C Traxxas batts do not meet the full potential of the brushless motor.
    I ordered from Kintec, carbon fiber carry stand with boat straps for transport, alum cooling jacket, dual pickup rudder kit, 3/16 strut, .078 wire drive and collet, adjustable billet trim tabs, larger Panther/Octura props in 1.5 and 1.6 pitch that I will sharpen and balance, bullet nuts, four hard case waterproof 6000mah 50C 3S LIPOs. I filled my catch with expanding foam and cut it clean, even sealed the rear vents so that I do not need a splash guard. I do not see the pint of air vents when there is no air intakes, and many guys race with the hatch fully tapped on. I created a hatch gasket by putting a bead of silicone caulking on the boat, over lay with saran wrap coated with Pam cooking spray, and placed the hatch on overnight, but not clipped. Removed the wrap in the morning. Makes a nice tight seal. I even clamped the water hoses they cannot pot off. I do not have plans to race at this time, but I want to break 65mph from day 1. From endless forums and internet research, I think that is reasonable. Guys are hitting 63 mph with original brushless motor and only upgrades to battery, copper 1.4 pitch props, 3/16 flex shaft which is much higher friction then a wire drive.

As far as Kintec, it’s been over 3 weeks since I placed and paid for my order and nothing. I sent 2 emails and no response, and no phone number on their website. Paypall shows a phone number for them, but it is always busy. Our lakes and ponds do not thaw until very end of April or early May, so I have a bit of time.
    I think that your going to need to upgrade the motor and esc. I have never seen a boat with the stock electronics break 55-57mph. Good luck though.