RC poster

Is the E-Revo worth it?

So about 2 weeks ago I was looking at the e revo online and let me just say it looks awesome!! Especially with the mamba monster system! So I started to research a little bit more about the car and now i'm kinda iffy about getting the car. A lot of people have been having problems with the differentials, driveshafts, spur gears, the motor mount, and the transmission... and that is a lot of stuff to be breaking when the car already cost $850. The revo differentials seem to be the biggest problem with this truck. But there is not really any easy fix for the differentials. People are putting losi differentials into the revo but they are shaving down parts and that just seems like a lot of work just for a differential plus doesn't the differential case get weaker when you are shaving it down?As far as the driveshafts go.. people have been breaking the stock driveshafts within 10 min! that is just crazy!!Also the transmission should not have plastic gears!!!! wouldn't that mamba monster tear those gears up within one run? is there any aftermarket metal gears for the tranny? Now don't get me wrong the E revo looks sick and I would love to have it but if there is no fix to all of these problems I will just buy a slash. Tell me what you think guys. anything will help.

Thanks, zak

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    most of those breakage are driver error and running 6s will take the truck to the ground. I prefer running it on 4s, its plenty fast for me and less breakage.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |_________________ |

RC poster
    How fast does she go on 4s?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    this is my old vid of my ERBE, no longer have it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9oBUkWspA4
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |_________________ |

RC poster
    Very worth it......

RC Qualifier
    I run mine on 5S and really dont have any breakage issues...

I actually put it up for sale as I have the nitro bug again.... (Revo 3.3)
    Traxxas please sell kits!

RC Qualifier
    I run my Erevo MMM all day on 6s. I have metal CVD's and have yet to break a single part. I dont bash this car much however. I do go through a spur gear every now and then. 4s is fun, but 6s is more fun lol.
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

RC Champion
    I bought a brushless e-revo roller cheap. Then put the mm2/2200 castle combo in it. With a set of proline badlands. It amazes me every day. You gotta have one. Nobody said you have to bash the snot out of it. I run only 4s, and have a blast. They are expensive, but what hobby isn't, lol. Welcome to the forum, and have fun what ever you buy. peace
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Champion
    I ran 4s on both of mine and didn't break anything. I did have rpm arms on the cars though.
    Went rpm on all of my Traxxas cars after I snapped a couple of arms on my first nitro Revo.
    Erevo would do about 40+ on 4s which is plenty fast.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Enthusiast

Is the E-Revo worth it?

I paid 1000 altogether from tower hobbies, i was into RC 20 years ago. I tell you, this revo is awesome. its fast quick smart and badass all at once. Definite buy
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-29-2013 at 07:13 PM.

RC poster
    It's worth it! I just back in to RC again. Love the BL E Revo I picked up last weekend. Ran a few packs through it (6s) and so far it's bullet proof.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by revospeeder View Post
    I paid 1000 altogether from tower hobbies, i was into RC 20 years ago. I tell you, this revo is awesome. its fast quick smart and badass all at once. Definite buy
    why ksb51rl edit my post?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by revospeeder View Post
    why ksb51rl edit my post?
    besides telling me how batteries work.

RC Enthusiast
    Sorry about that ksb51rl, I got excited, I will mind the language in the future. peace.

RC poster
    Thanks guys for all of the comments. It has made me want the car a lot more than i did in the past!

RC Qualifier
    Worth every penny! Mostly human error that damage and break stuff like doing standing backflips and what not! Yes it can do but it will cost you...
    Ray00
    E–Revo │ E-Revo BE
    ITCHY THROTTLE FINGER!

RC Champion
    Yup..I bought a brushed and I was sorta shocked how torquee it was with the brushed motors..I had one b4 I put a brushless hobbywing in it..and I'm buying an emaxx again too...

RC Qualifier
    The erevo is so worth it its painful
    8 traxxas models and counting....

RC poster
    Revo's are great, bought a 3.3 revo love it so much now own a brushless 1/10 and 1/16. best handling monster truck out there stays on its feet in when all others are on there lid. only breaks if you do something dumb.