Thread: Tra5381 tra3978

RC Qualifier

Tra5381 tra3978

I couldn't find out wether these two are really the same. I'm thinking about upgrading my differential cup. I was able to find out by Warfighter's help that there is one for the Pede 4x4 in aluminum. I just wants to know if the linked item below will work for my Pede which is why I am asking if the E-Revo one is the same as the one for the Pede. Thanks for the info in advance.

http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...RVO11C01;c=431

Here is what happened to my differential cup which I can't explain exactly how this happened.

RC Enthusiast
    Well I sure hope they do as mine just came in tonight in the mail.

Here is a good post about broken diff (slash 4X4 forum) lots of good info in it
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...fferential-cup

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ottawacats View Post
    Well I sure hope they do as mine just came in tonight in the mail.

Here is a good post about broken diff (slash 4X4 forum) lots of good info in it
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...fferential-cup
    Ok so you have in your hand the HR differential cup?

RC Enthusiast
    Yes I do have HR #rvo11x06 in hand, anything you need to know about it? I have yet to take my diff apart as I want to purchase either XO-1 diffs or atleast the I-bar set up #6882x
    I'm slowly gathering a box of goodies to upgrade my Pede

RC Qualifier
    WIll TRA6882 fit the HR differential cup along with the I-Bar installed? And will it fit inside the case with no problem?

RC Enthusiast
    From the info in the link I posted the answer is yes. I dont have the TRA6882X parts in hand to verify this, I will be picking them up this weekend more then likely from LHS. If I dont go that route I will order a pair of XO-1 diffs and swap in the HR alum diff cups as that is the other choice posted in the link.

RC Qualifier
    From the info in the link I posted the answer is yes. I dont have the TRA6882X parts in hand to verify this, I will be picking them up this weekend more then likely from LHS. If I dont go that route I will order a pair of XO-1 diffs and swap in the HR alum diff cups as that is the other choice posted in the link.
    I thought the differential cups for the XO-1, E-Revo 1/10, Slash 4x4 and Stampede 4x4 are the same sizes and dimensions inside the cup as well or did I get that all wrong?

RC Qualifier
    Actually I found my answer LOL. It was in the description all along.

RVO11C01
    Black Aluminum Differential Cup $19.88
    Hot Racing Aluminum Differential Case for the Traxxas Revo trucks. This differential case features a 6061-T6 aluminum body
    NOTE:
    The metal "bow-tie" shaped piece in the TRA5382X will not fit in this unit. Since the entire unit is metal, this piece is redundant. All the other parts fit perfectly.
    FEATURES:
    CNC Aluminum Construction diff case
    YOU WILL RECEIVE:
    (1) black Aluminum Differential Case
    (1) gasket
    (4) screws
    REQUIREMENTS:
    Installing gear set and attaching to bevel gear
    SPECIFICATIONS:
    Out drive plate length: 9.5mm
    Diameter 24.3mm
    Diff. Case
    length: 14.0mm
    diameter: 25.5mm
    REQUIREMENTS:

thread locking adhesive to keep screws from loosening due to vibration.
    NOTE:
    This replace TRA5381 Do not over tighten Use only Silicone diff lube

RC Qualifier
    I just cleaned and added 50wt silicon oil in the front. Going to tear the rear apart and put 30wt in. Should make it handle better. Though..... I wonder if I should put 50wt in the real also...

RC Enthusiast
    I went and looked at the HR website for the difference between RVO11C06 and RVO11X06, it sure looks like the RVO11X06 will take the I-bar setup as it says it will fit TRA5382X. If you look at the photos of the two you will notice that rvo11c06 doesnt have the center machined out for the I-bar while rvo11x06 does. Hope that helps you out and if you need more info just read the link I posted lots of good info in about Alum diff cups with photos

RC Qualifier
    I went and looked at the HR website for the difference between RVO11C06 and RVO11X06, it sure looks like the RVO11X06 will take the I-bar setup as it says it will fit TRA5382X. If you look at the photos of the two you will notice that rvo11c06 doesnt have the center machined out for the I-bar while rvo11x06 does. Hope that helps you out and if you need more info just read the link I posted lots of good info in about Alum diff cups with photos
    You're definitely right about the I-Bar probably not fitting the RVO11C06. If I use RVO11X06 along with TRA5382X the end point of the output gears won't fit my MIPS X DUTY I got for the Stampede 4x4 because the end points are bigger I believe.

RC Qualifier
    The difference between RVO11C06 and RVO11X06 is the tabs won't fit the older style RVO11C06 but the I-Bar will still fit.

RC Enthusiast
    I was able to get to the lhs tonight. You would need the following items hr#rvo11x06, traxxas# 6882x and mip# 11109 x-duty. This setup weent together fine tonight. Hope that is helpful info for ya.

Matt