RC Enthusiast

Question Is it worth upgrading to 2.4GH or the new TQI?

I have the TQ 27mhz that works well. It does sometimes pick up interference and does, albeit rare, respond slowly. I really can't say I have any problems with the current set up but figured maybe a transmitter with better range that used less batteries would be nice. The long antenna on the Jato is not my favorite thing in the world either.

I know I'm a few transmitters behind and wanted to know what the general consensus on upgrading was. Is it worth finding a good deal on one somewhere or is it not worth spending money on?

RC Qualifier
    Definitely worth it. The Traxxas 2.4ghz radios can be found for cheap on Ebay all the time

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2
    Using while stupid may cause serious injury.

RC Competitor
    +1 I have the tqi with dock and love it i have 4 of my rc's linked to it and with the added bonus of the telemetry it's easy to watch temp and make changes to running conditions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    I resisted upgrading my 27mhz for a while. 2.4 is AWESOME definately worth it. and +1 ebay

RC Enthusiast
    I just set up a new TQi on the jato. Before even running it I can tell the steering is much more crisp feeling. The servo used to "sputter" turning left and its no longer doing that.

RC Enthusiast
    I hope people read this, Id rather not start a new thread. I had problems keeping the car bound to the TX, the car was actually really hot and I had to stop driving because of the heat. Everything was good for a few tanks but the car eventually ran away from me. Ran off under a car, over a curb and came to rest on somebody's lawn. Then I ran it in circles and the wheels would go from turned to straight and the throttle would go from accelerating to neutral; then back to turned and accelerating. I can not replicate the condition so I have to think it was heat, I moved the RX to the other side of the RX box hoping that next time its hot the car won't run away from me again.

I love the no brake failsafe on the traxxas RX, no I don't. I much would have preferred it to brake instead of going back to neutral.