RC Racer

Is it worth converting 4pede to a truggy or buggy?

Just wanted some opinions if this is worth it. I've seen URC's shapeshifter pede but would like hear from some that have actually done the conversion. Or should I just save up and get an actual buggy or truggy? Any opinions are helpful. Thanks dudes.

RC Champion
    Sure, unless you want to keep the stampede how it is and have the money to buy another vehicle.

I converted mine into a 4x4 stadium truck for a while and loved it.

RC Racer
    I guess it comes down to what you want the truck to look and feel like? I really like the truggy look myself, and would definitely consider it worth it to build one. I would recommend PM'ing SLW-SVT, or All-Aluminum. Both of them have done a terrific job on their truggy conversions and can offer you firsthand advice on the process and cost etc.

Good luck!

RC Champion
    definitely save up and get a buggy or truggy. They are a blast. I have an MBX6 Eco and a HOtbodies Tekno electric converted D8T and love them both.

But really all you need to convert to truggy is a body and a wing mount and wing. You also need the traxxas aluminum towers to drill holes for the wing mount.

Here is the best body imo and the one I used on my truggy conversion:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hobao-Truck-...item3f2736c07e

here is the wing and mount:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Losi-Wing-Bo...item23211ac2dc
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Losi-Wing-Bo...item23211ac2dc

My build for reference:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-(truggy)-P4de!

and a picture of mine!

Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Racer
    Cool and thanks for the response guys. Nice lookin' pede there SLW!

RC Competitor
    I just built a pede truggy, after my friend did one! they handle awesome and are a blast to race and drive. I have never been into the monster truck thing so I bought a roller on ebay and converted it right away! I love it! it hardly takes anything to convert it, mostly just some sc tires, a body, I run the bulldog body and I did not do the wing, I like the way it looks like that. I can easily convert it back if I want so it is not like you are losing your pede! I have a mugen mbx6e, an rc8te, and 4 other racer rc's and I love this as an addition. when I am running at friends tracks it is nice to have a compact tryggy that will run on a small track. convert your pede and get a 1/8 buggy and truggy! the pede truggy is a must have rc!
    Quote Originally Posted by noobiznessracin View Post
    Just wanted some opinions if this is worth it. I've seen URC's shapeshifter pede but would like hear from some that have actually done the conversion. Or should I just save up and get an actual buggy or truggy? Any opinions are helpful. Thanks dudes.

RC Champion
    Cool and thanks for the response guys. Nice lookin' pede there SLW!
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 550puggy View Post
    I just built a pede truggy, after my friend did one! they handle awesome and are a blast to race and drive. I have never been into the monster truck thing so I bought a roller on ebay and converted it right away! I love it! it hardly takes anything to convert it, mostly just some sc tires, a body, I run the bulldog body and I did not do the wing, I like the way it looks like that. I can easily convert it back if I want so it is not like you are losing your pede! I have a mugen mbx6e, an rc8te, and 4 other racer rc's and I love this as an addition. when I am running at friends tracks it is nice to have a compact tryggy that will run on a small track. convert your pede and get a 1/8 buggy and truggy! the pede truggy is a must have rc!
    good advice
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

The pede looks so sick as a truggy guys but I am a monster truck head but I would like to have both but my wallet said NO.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Competitor
    my wallet says no also! then I give it a good backhand and it wimpers into submission! maybe get a cheap, used pede on ebay and have one a monster and one truggy, then you will have parts compatable for both!
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    The pede looks so sick as a truggy guys but I am a monster truck head but I would like to have both but my wallet said NO.....peace

Conversion to a Truggy is easy and works well...

I bought my P4de with the intention of setting it up this way.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Yeah I am going make a list of stuff for my birthday and Christmas and see what comes dude I want a 2wd like rustler,bandit,slash for rear end fun.......peace

Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post

I have the same wheel and tyre package so I would need to get a wing and new body and make better body posts is that right dad or is there more to getthanks.....peace

I have the same wheel and tyre package so I would need to get a wing and new body and make better body posts is that right dad or is there more to getthanks.....peace
    That is pretty much it, I cut down my stock posts and got rid of the arms they fit on and attached the posts right to the towers. Made up a mount for the Losi wing mount and used the BullDog body intended for the Rustler.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Cool dad its good to know that I could do and it would not cost to much cash.......peace

RC Racer
    Sweet ride there dadx2...
    whassup spennies!
    Last edited by noobiznessracin; 07-24-2013 at 01:33 PM.

RC Competitor
    I run the stampede bulldog body without any wing and I think it looks sick! I will post some picks if I get a chance anytime soon. It actually looks really good without a wing and that body. this is my only non-race rc since there is not a class for it here so I dont care if anyone else is running it and it still looks like a little truggy.
    That is pretty much it, I cut down my stock posts and got rid of the arms they fit on and attached the posts right to the towers. Made up a mount for the Losi wing mount and used the BullDog body intended for the Rustler.

Sweet ride there dadx2...
    whassup spennies!
    I hope to see your truggy soon dude and hope you are all good man....peace bro

RC Racer
    I hope to see your truggy soon dude and hope you are all good man....peace bro
    Thanks Spennies! I bash mainly on concrete in front of my place and want better handling for my pede hence my desire to convert. Wish I had more off-road terrain in my area but I live smack in the middle of a city.

If it were me I'd mod to make it a Slash 4x4 then change it into a Truggy. I think it's a bit short for a Truggy/Buggy.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

I live in a little welsh town but I do a bit of on and off road plus the golf course is awesome and some of the parks but the park keepers don't like my pede......peace

RC Qualifier
    I converted mine a while ago but changed it back because the wing kept taking a battering and wanted to break off. So, if you can think of a good way to mount the wing, as mentioned above, it'll be much better than mine was. Here are a few pics of what i did (although i have since converted it back to MT, and put the same buggy bits on my 2wd Stampede which i much prefer (for some reason i think it suits the buggy / truggy look a bit better, and it has a solid rear shock mount which is good for the wing). Anyway, here is the 4x4 buggy / truggy:

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!

the longer rusty bulldog looks better. Just bought the pede version, and may have to get the longer one...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    the longer rusty bulldog looks better. Just bought the pede version, and may have to get the longer one...
    Yeah i prefer that one too, another on the list to paint :-)