Hybrid View

RC Competitor

VW body on 1st gen Emaxx

So my daughter has a 1st gen Emaxx and we were shopping for a new body at the hobby shop. She spoted a Revo 3.3 Proline Baja Bug body and loved it. Right away I thought this will be to long for the short wheelbase Emaxx. So I grabbed a Revo 2.5 body for a wheelbase comparison. The wheelbase between the two were sooo minor I figured to give it a try and if it did look silly I have other trucks I know it will fit on without a doubt.

Got the body home and plonked it down on the chassis to size it up... near perfect fit!!!!! The motor on the back hangs out about .5cm but all in all looked perfect. Just gotta lower the mounts and reamer the body holes Oh and paint, lol

Just throwing this out there to let peps know a Proline Revo3.3 Baja bug body does fit a 3906 chassis.

RC Qualifier
    I like it i was thinking of getting one my self. Thinking a little more about it now. What colors are you going with?

RC Enthusiast
    could u send me a pic of the inside? i have the same body but i would like to know if we have the same model1

RC Racer
    How are you making the rear post rreach through the body? I have that body on my Revo, but the post on the Maxx seem to short.

RC poster
    vwdaveb if stock Maxx posts would be too short you can always get Pro-Line Extended Body Mounts 6003-10 for like Grave Digger body.

RC poster
    I have 3906 E-Maxx and I really love idea of putting some Baja Bug body on it, but as I can see on the market I can give it a try with JConcepts Bajr body, or Pro-Line for long chassis. Pro-Line looks way much better in my opinion.
    Have you already made holes for body posts? I think that holes for the rear posts have to be made in the roof which is a little rounded? If that so, is it possible to put body clips through holes in body posts?
    And I'm concerned if after some roof landings these rear body posts won't come out through the roof? :-D