RC poster

Slash VXL 1/16 4WD Tire/Wheel set up?

Hello, I've got a slash 1/16 VXL 4WD and I've also got a brushed 1/16 slash, what are some good tires to run on these RC's? I'd Like to at least touch grass and get out something the stockers just won't do, I do lots of Gravel, Dry dirt, some light hard surface driving such as a road etc.

Thanks, Tyler!

Slash 1/16 VXL, Slash 1/16 brushed, 1/10 Slash 2WD, and Revo 3.3 5309
    Thanks ,Tyler!
    Revo 3.3-5309

RC Enthusiast
    Best option is to convert one to a MERV & put something like dirt hawgs on it. You can keep the Slash body if you hack the crap out of the wheel arches, but you're better off swapping to something else - great chance/reason to do a custom body

RC Qualifier
    Use hpi pirelli tires. They grab pretty well. I race with them. They do lose grip when they get worn but they still work better than stock tires.
    1:16 Slash vxl
    Stampede 4x4 vxl

RC Qualifier
    I was going to try the tamiya T block rally wheels, they are about the same size as the stock tires. HPI 5 spoke rims as well.

But it was going to cost so much, that I just got new set of stock tires and walked away $40 saved

RC Racer
    I have been using the Vaterra Kalahari tires and wheels combo. they are pretty cool looking and only cost me twenty five dollars for all four. here's a pic

RC Qualifier
    Those look pretty sweet....eBay?

RC Qualifier
    Those look tiny.

RC Racer
    They are actually slightly bigger than the stockers and I got them at my lhs.

RC poster
    Thanks so much for the input, Just picked up a USED E-Revo 1/16 VXL off ebay with Aftermarket RPM Arms etc, so As I upgrade the E-Revo i'll move stuff to my Slash, Also picked up some NEW Proline Desperado with wheels.

I plan on hacking up my body too it's already kinda been rolled going at high speed a few times, then I cut the window out for air intake and it's just a mess! haha

Thanks, Tyler!
    Thanks ,Tyler!
    Revo 3.3-5309