Here we go again. Im building another maxx. This one will be more along the lines of a supermaxx. I was going to call it project black and red since that's going to be the color scheme, but decided to just call it PROJECT MAXX.
Heres a list of the parts Ive been collecting so far.
FLM 10900 chassis
GA 7075 bulks
GA 7075 rockhoundz bumpers
UE 7075 ultralight diff cases
UE knucklehead towers
UE hard steel pillow balls
UE monoblock ext. (not shore if I will use it on this one or not)
UE widetrac 7075 pro suspension arms
UE drivecups all of them
UE titanium hindge pins or my own brand hardened tool steel pins.
OFNA 8 spyder diffs (waiting to see about some different end caps for them)
HCR titanium skids front rear and center
losi xxl axles
STRC alum. knuckles modified to fit the axles with 15x21mm inner and 8x16mm outer bearings
ti22 titanium beadlock wheels with proline 3.2 mashers
GH servo saver
RD logics alum tranny case
And a bunch of Tonys high grade 12.9 screws.
Heres a few pics of what I got done so far.
I started by building the tranny. I used a rd logics alum case and a supermaxx light weight idler gear along with the rest of the stock 3908 tranny parts.
The tranny case had a nice finish and everything fit good. Just a couple shims to keep the shafts from sliding front to back so much. I also used a traxxas motor plate with the blue color removed and polished.
Next I fit the ga bulks, strobe braces and towers together with the ultralight cases. I had to elongate the upper holes in the strobe brace and drill the holes in the bulks just a tiny bit to get it all to fit together. These are sweet.
Did a little polishing on the bumpers and sides of the chassis and chassis braces.
Made some little steel rings to hold the rubber boots on the axles and got some traxxas steel pillow ball rings that fit right on the strc knuckles. Waiting to get the knuckles back from my machinist.
Heres the spyder diffs. Hoping to get some different end caps made to accept a 8mm bearing for them.
Heres the ti22 3.2 titanium beadlocks w/3.2 mashers. Not finished yet. I Just colored in the fake brake disk w/permanent marker to see what it would look like. Probably paint them red or black. going to have my machinist make me some 1/4" thick alum spacers with 5 holes to line up with the wheel and strengthen the rather narrow cast hub.
Well that's all for now. I don't get a lot of time to work on my toys so this ones going to take me a while.
Still need a motor and esc and servo. Pretty much decided on the tekin gen 2 rx8 esc and still deciding on whitch tekin motor to go with it.