RC poster

Cool New to this! Need some input if anyone can help..

I'm new to this and so far I'm stuck between two things: Nitro or Electric?

I keep going back to the E maxx brushless but I also want to make sure I'm
    getting something good..and I also want someone to help me figure out what
    I'm going to absolutely need when making a first purchase...Any other input would be great also.

thanks everyone

-THE NEW GUY

RC Qualifier
    My vote is for electric. It's so much easier than nitro, and with modern brushless motors, it is faster than nitro as well. I cant tell you how many people are skeptical when I tell them my RC is electric, but when they see it the reaction is always the same...."holy crap, that thing puts nitro to shame."

I believe these days Traxxas includes everything you need in other to get started. But I personally would, at the very least, get a good quality charger from another company.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2
    Using while stupid may cause serious injury.

RC Racer
    GO ELECTRIC

Here is an example that shows how much better electric is. My 1/5 buggy would normally run a 26cc two stroke, with porting i can get about 6.5hp out of it and it will do about 15000RPM and will give me about 45mins of runtime. With the stock gearing that equates to about 60km/h. The electric motor that i have put in its place makes 13hp, and does 40000RPM and has about 3 or 4 times more torque. I get about 30mins run time out of it and with the same gearing will do about 120km/h. The initial cost is for electric is a little bit higher but there are no maintenance or fuel costs like you would get with Nitro.

Now that being said nitro is not as prone to failure as electric, BUT, as long as you stick to a reputable company for your electrical components ie Castle/Tekin you will have no problems with warranty or support.

Go Electric and have fun

RC Champion
    My sons friend was bragging to me about how fast and powerful his hpi 4.6 big block is/was. I let him try my maxx with monster mamba system. Within 15 seconds he very excitedly said "Im getting a brushless truck, this thing is sick" lol
    Go brushless! You wont be disappointed.

RC Qualifier
    I started out with Nitro. Loved the sound and fact of the "POWER" from running "gas". It was blast to run and fast as well. BUT it sometimes took me 20 mins to get it tuned if it sat for a while without being run. Within 8 months it was sold and I moved to electric without looking back. I have owned 4 electric trucks since then. Each faster then the fastest my nitro ever ran. Plus I can plug everything up on my electric and then be hitting 50 mph with minutes, not tuneing forever. I have had several comments from people who walked by "Wow for a gas power RC, that doesnt make much noise." When I tell them its electric their always like "realllyyyyy?"
    Last edited by Carnage334; 07-17-2013 at 10:40 AM.

RC Champion
    I prefer electric these days as well. I love the consistency, it runs the same day in and day out, with nitro if your tune isn't just right performance drops off. Nitro is nice for gas and go running, with electric you have to stop to swap packs or charge. About the only time I like to run my Big Block T is when I'm bashing with my buddy that runs a Savage SS, and it's only for the sound. A well tuned nitro does sound awesome!
    My tranny case is stock :D

RC poster
    Great, looks like I'm going Electric! Now the real question is what to purchase? And also what spare parts I'm going to absolutely want to buy just in case things break fast lol

RC Qualifier
    Electric > nitro hands Down.

RC Competitor
    I agree with everyone one here. My first truck was brushless, decided I wanted to try nitro, I hate it, however I have my nitro for sale, just need some fixing up if anyone out there wants it.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudz1703 View Post
    Great, looks like I'm going Electric! Now the real question is what to purchase? And also what spare parts I'm going to absolutely want to buy just in case things break fast lol
    My absolute best advice is to buy a RTR brushless. I built it from a t-maxx 2.5 and it ended up costing a whole lot more.

If your pockets are deep then you can build yourself an all aluminum truck. It costs around 500+ more than the RTR