RC Enthusiast

Taller Wheels/Tires for grass

I mostly use my merv to entertain my dog. I'm looking for taller tires to lift the car up a bit higher out of the grass. Suggestions? And then will i need to change gears?

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas Canyon AT 2.2 from the Mini Summit would be an option. Gear down 3-4 teeth and check your temps.

RC Enthusiast
    will any of the 2.8 traxxas wheels fit?

RC Qualifier
    Dunno. I guess not, they might hinder you sterring throw too much.

Biggest tires i have ever run are Proline Gladiators 2.2. These are 1/10 truck tires with a diameter of 108mm.

They fit well and elevate the MERV quite a bit. But are very hard on the drive-line and diffs, so i would not recommend them for everyday bashing.

RC Champion
    I ran the Gladiators a few times also and they are big and heavy for the MERV. HPI Ground Assault's are a bit easier on the drive train but still load it up a bit more than I like. I think I'm going to try the Pro-Line Caliber buggy rears next. The Pro-Line trenchers might be a good option if you need a bit more height.
    My tranny case is stock :D

RC Qualifier
    Pro-Line Caliber buggy rears are great tires for dirt. I run and like them. But they are only 88mm tall.
    Guess thats not what the op had in mind?
    The 2.2 Trenchers are 92mm dia, just like the popular Dirt Hagws.

RC Competitor
    I ran the anacondas on the black chrome rims running the front offsets because they're wider, but I still needed spacers and had to adjust my steering end points in a little. I was also running a castle sv3 with 5700 kv but I liked the way it ran especially for speed runs
    Its a Summit thing, you wouldn't understand.