RC Qualifier

What driver type are you?

What Driver type are you?

I figured I ask a very good question someone asked me about a comment I made on one of my videos that I prefaced with - i am Hard on my RCs -

The question was (more or less): Why do so many people preface items by stating they are hard on their RCs?

My Reply was :
    I can't speak for everyone but in my case I was told when I started this hobby that there are 2- types of drivers... The ones that drive it as if they were sitting inside the car ( "cautious") and those that drive it like you’re not ("more reckless"). So I preface it with I'm hard on the car because it sounds better than saying I'm "reckless"… and that in some cases it's referred to as racer versus basher.. Thanks for asking.

The original CRASHER: equal parts CRAwler and baSHER!
    Last edited by mdlopez1; 07-17-2013 at 12:00 PM.
    Just do it...they make replacement parts.VXL power

RC Qualifier
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...
    400 in replacement parts for my MERV. I have no doubt that Im "More Reckless"
    Drive. Crash. Fix. Repeat.

RC Qualifier
    Actually depends on what I'm driving. Rustler... I go all out. I bash that thing until it won't move anymore. I've actually driven the wheels off of it... And kept going on 3 wheels for another couple packs! The slash 4x4, I'm more cautious. It's a more scale truck so I drive it on scale obstacles and in a scale manner.

I'm a basher, beat up everything. But there are some vehicles i bash lightly.

Common sense takes over and says "hey dude you just spent $300 on a chassis and a body for that thing, take it easy" lol

Basher in the sense i dont race on a track.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by F-R Racing View Post
    Actually depends on what I'm driving. Rustler... I go all out. I bash that thing until it won't move anymore. I've actually driven the wheels off of it... And kept going on 3 wheels for another couple packs!
    Haha this reminds me of the 2013 top gun shootout we had at my local track "sdrc" a couple weeks ago, MIP driver I believe it was lost a wheel on the last lap racing 8th scale buggy and he finished the race on 3 wheels
    Last edited by XRated; 07-17-2013 at 01:30 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I think this video explains how all my friends and I drive..... crazy rediclious awesome go crazy "Can you jump that? Sure can and more" mentality
    "Duct tape and superglue are my spareparts"

RC Champion
    When i first started (20 years ago) in nitro i was a wrecking machine on one t-maxx 2.5 model. I always had a 4 foot jump id take at full speed. launch that poor t-maxx as far as it would go. It usually ended up in disaster.
    Nowadays i am a easy driver. I basically run around my yard, and do wheelies up/down the road. I barely even jump my rc's anymore. Matter of fact i own 7 traxxas rc's. I drive at least 4 of them through out the week, every week, rain, or shine. I haven't broke any parts in over a year.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Champion
    I have two different driving styles depending on what I am running. I abuse my Slashes and Touring cars, but I baby my Tmaxx and Rustler.. Its a little strange and my friends call me the Jeckyl and Hyde driver. My Slashes and my touring cars are driven every saturday night winter and summer in what can be best described as a smash up derby of blazing speed. No rules and no complaining about being taken out whether its on purpose or by accident.. Lots of fun, but can get very expensive. My Tmaxx and brushless Rustler are really working shelf queens.. I've had them for so long, I just can't bare damaging them.
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC Qualifier
    Leisurely with a side of mile wild..

I don't jump much because no matter how high or low I jump I always break something.
    I usually stick to dirt, grass and street running with my stampede

Build thread...

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...uot-build-quot
    Never trust a fart.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Haha funny Question.

I have ones that I "drive it like ya stole it" and others I drive more leisurely. Then again some days it can be my mood too.

I don't think I have an RC that is valued under $500, so the value of it isnt a deciding factore. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    I usually start out kinda cautious, then about a half-full tank later the sound overwhelms my finger. Then the dirt and parts start to fly!! But i am trying to break that habbit.
    T-MAXX 2.5R
    Slayer Pro
    Revo
    Monster Pirate

RC Champion
    I just launch any rc as high and far as it will go......as long as I didn't pay a lot for it. If I did then I'm pretty cautious
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

Depends
    I'm in between normaly
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    If I'm driving on road, I'm fairly calm most of the time but off road, its Monster Jam free style action!
    Bullet/Bullet2 / Hawk2/ Blue Eagle/E-Maxx/T-Maxx

RC Champion
    I just got a extra emaxx for 100 bucks. So i may take out some stress on it, lol.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Champion
    Well considering that I am managed to roll my swami bar (very hard, sturdy and strong), in fact the best I have had, i would say I am hard on my RC.
    I push it always at the skate park and now I feel I need to stop.....no more skate parks..they are EVIL...especially after 15ft...jumps.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Racer
    i drive carefully because im to cheep to buy buy new parts(14yrs old=no job yet to pay for parts)
    Blue 1/16 summit vxl crawler

RC Enthusiast
    i pretty much drive it like i'm playing a video game. and i still very rarely need to replace parts mostly just spur gears because the motor mount design is just awful...its hard to believe the same people who designed the motor mount also did all the r&d for the rest of the erevo..it just baffles me lol.