RC Qualifier

Rustler Vxl all stock, (3300mah lipo) shutoff issue (help)

The light on the speed control and the receiver are green when I have a fresh fully charged battery, when I run the car until the battery gives out without any warning the light on the speed control turns red, and the light on the receiver remains green, I go to shut off the car by pressing the button on the speed control, it doesn't let me shut the car off, so I have to shutoff my car by unplugging the battery. If anyone could give me an expiation on this issue it would be much appreciated.

RC Champion
    this probably wont answer your question but i dont see that there's an issue really, it's best if you shut the car off anyways by unplugging the battery from the ESC, especially when dealing with Lipos. Why would you want to turn it off but leave the battery plugged in???

RC Qualifier
    it says in the quick start guide to press the button on the speed control to shutoff the car and then unplug the battery, but I have to just unplug the battery to shutoff the car when the battery is low on voltage.

RC Enthusiast
    My rusty does the same thing. I just unplug the battery. It won't hurt anything.