RC Competitor

Best Street Tires?

In the market for street tires, stock Alias are balding. I know there are a million different options out there but was hoping for some shared experiences. I was most likely going to get the Anacondas but if someone has better recommendations I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
    _ _
    Law #29: Plan all the way to the end.

RC Racer
    Get the proline road rage or prolines street fighters he street fights have more grip in my opinion!!

RC Qualifier
    I LOVED my g-locs. They were awesome. No ballooning, incredible grip, and good looks.

RC Competitor
    I will check them out..I was looking at the Road Rages...looked pretty cool nd heard good things about proline..do you guys prefer buying the wheels and tires seperate and assembling them yourself or pre assembled? I've heard of the gorilla tape method on the inside of the tires before gluing that helps prevent ballooning...is it worth the extra work?
    _ _

Proline Street Fighters and Road Rages can't stand in the shadow of JConcept G-locs IMHO.
    Street Fighters balloon way too soon and too much and the grip of Road Rages is gone where there is a little sand or dust on the road. G-Locs stay gripping way longer in that situation and hardly balloon up to 60mph.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Champion
    G-Locs just don't last.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Racer
    DirtHawgs are not street tires, but mine work great on pavement and recommended by a few different sources. I Gorilla taped them and ran them at around 70mph with no ballooning and nice control. I personally opted for these so I would have something that wasn't too slick should decide to go off road. I've also been told that the tread doesn't wear down as quickly as some tires do....I guess I'll see soon enough.

Just something to consider.

I like to buy my tires and rims separately so I can tape them. Specially important if you are going fast.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfox View Post
    G-Locs just don't last.
    How long did you get your set to last? I have a set that is over 8 months old and still have great tread on them, granted I don't use them all the time, maybe a couple of packs every few weeks on various cars, like my slash 4x4,

and my Bandit,
    Last edited by Zepher; 07-17-2013 at 05:49 AM.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

I used my Street Fighters not even half as much as my G-locs and those showed even more wear.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Competitor
    g-locs are sick . ive tried the proline street fighters and road rages . g- locs by far the best in grip, no ballooning . and ive had the same set for about 9 months .

RC Champion
    +1 to G-Locs. I have also used Street Fighters. As stated above, go with G-Locs if you don't want ballooning.
    Was an xl-5, now its vxl-ent!

RC Racer
    I guess I need to look in to getting some g-locs too. Who carries them?

RC Competitor
    Ill prolly go with g locs...it seems a unanimous decision....buy em seperate and do the tape job for added protection against ballooning...+$50....I think I'm up to about $800+ into my Rustler....don't regret one single $ tho..it never fails to put a smile on my face
    _ _

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyextreme View Post
    DirtHawgs are not street tires, but mine work great on pavement and recommended by a few different sources. I Gorilla taped them and ran them at around 70mph with no ballooning and nice control. I personally opted for these so I would have something that wasn't too slick should decide to go off road. I've also been told that the tread doesn't wear down as quickly as some tires do....I guess I'll see soon enough.

I like to buy my tires and rims separately so I can tape them. Specially important if you are going fast.
    Are these the Dirt Hawgs your are referring to?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Line-Dir...item2c70a32cb1

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by robby22 View Post
    Are these the Dirt Hawgs your are referring to?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Line-Dir...item2c70a32cb1
    Yup, that's them.

RC Racer
    I have a bandit and need new rear tires. I race in a parking lot. Will the g-lock work for me? Mine is a stock xl5 brushed
    Slash 4x4
    E-Maxx

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyextreme View Post

I ran the dirt hawgz on my jato and they work really well but do wear pretty quick on the street and I ended up ripping a rear tire at the outside bead. I had them for a couple of weeks before it ripped.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,