RC Qualifier

XL-5 not holding settings.

On my Slash, Everytime i insert a battery either a Lipo or nicd it will not respond to the transmitter. Seems i have to reprogram it each and everytime. Then when i do get it programmed the lipo(7.4v/5000mah) seems as it has no power as it should. Its fully charged and my multimeter shows 8.2v along with my lipo charger. Seems that the nicd battery has more power than the lipo so i dont know if its the reciever restricting power or both???
    Been on here for a while but forgot my original username.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Since the receiver only feeds power to the servos and that power comes from the ESC; I know it is not the receiver restricting any power. This sounds like an ESC issue and not a radio issue, honestly.

On a different note:
    You are still running NiCd??!?!
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Sorry i have not responded. Been busy and forgot about my thread. My lipo reads 8.4v after a charge so im thinking it should be ok. And my nicad battery reads good too after a charge. THe reason i mentioned the nicads is that i still use those in my EZ start on my tmaxx so i kinda use those on the slash when bashing around.

im gonna try swapping my XL5 with my buiddies and see if he has the same issue. Im thinking the same as you on being the speed control as the culprit.

RC Qualifier
    UPdate:

If i unplug the leads doing to the motor and give it full throttle. My multimeter gives me 8.2v that would go to the motor. If i hook back the leads and give it full throttle then it drops to 6.7v. So could it be the motor?