RC Racer

Parts list for neu Castle 5700kv

Guys, I've searching and this is the list that I found.

[TRA7360] Traxxas Finned 550 Motor Mount
    [TRA7380] Traxxas Motor Plate
    [TRA7024X] Traxxas Sealed Receiver Box Set
    [TRA7379R] Traxxas 550 Gear Cover Set
    [CSE060-0001-00] Castle Creations Neu-Castle 1406 Brushless Motor (5700kV)

Do I need something else?

My current setup is:
    Sidewinder SV2, velineon 380.

Thanks

RC Qualifier
    The right gearing?
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

RC Racer
    lol, I plan to use 31/45 at the begining! with experience I will try new settings

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    You may not need the Rx box:

New style (for big block) is on top.
    Unless you have an OLD 16th, you probably have the new style box.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    No, my merv has 9 month, my receiver box is this one

Do I realy need the motor plate and gear cover? with tenbol motor mount it stays without gear cover right?

RC Qualifier
    I only run a gear cover on my merv so I can run the servo wire across it. On the mini slash which kicks dirt up under the body it is more of an issue getting dirt in the spur.

I actually run without, because it is easier to clean the spur without haveing to take the cover off (because sand will still find its way in there lol)

As far as needing one with the bigblock, I have no idea.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    The Traxxas motor mount and plate is a must, but not if you are getting the Tenbol.
    The gear cover is a preference thing... I wouldn't run without one.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    I'm using the Tenbol mount, and without a cover. I've never had a problem not having a cover, that's what the body is for.

RC Racer
    Ok, I see that the gear cover is optional..

Anyway I found this option for motor mount/plate - 22.89

Do you think it worth? the traxxas motor mount/plate costs around 9,25+6.89=16,16

RC Competitor
    Yes, its worth getting the HR motor conversion kit, but thats my own opinion.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by l_park View Post
    Ok, I see that the gear cover is optional..

Anyway I found this option for motor mount/plate - 22.89

Do you think it worth? the traxxas motor mount/plate costs around 9,25+6.89=16,16
    very nice bling, but this works also as heatsink - bigger heatsink then stock, so ... depends on your wallet in the end

RC Racer
    The HR motor mount has arrived, pics to come..

Anyway now I'm deciding if I get The 5700Kv or the 4600Kv, I will be using it for speed runs on 3s, I want mostly run for 20 min without worring with temperatures, some say that the 5700kv will get hot on speed runs..

Whats you advice please?

RC Qualifier
    I guess the 4600KV would be enough. Plus you'll get more gearing options with that motor.
    The lower KV will be more versatile too, if you ever decide to go offroad a bit.

Imho the 1/16 platform is too small to put the full potential of the 5700KV @3S onto the ground.
    You will have a hard time controlling the little rocket at that high speeds.

What batteries and tyres are you gonna run with your setup?
    You'll need good LiPos for these motors and probably foams for stable speed runs.
    Continous 3S runs will be taxing on the SV2 and your drivetrain.

RC Enthusiast
    I suggest a full set of steel CVD's and Driveline.

I am too adding a MMP and 5700kv to my 1/16 Rally in hopes of some good high speed runs. Also I have a couple 3500's laying around to use when I want to do some rally-cross action....

RC Racer
    For now it will be the stock tires that I like a lot, but planning to get foams in the future. I also have a set off dirt hawg when I go off-road(lowering the pinior gear).
    The batteries are turgy 1400mah 3S 40~80C in parallel

I've been reading that the 4600kv will run cooler when at the same speed on the 5700kv, do you agree?

what gearing should I use on the 4600kv? whats the top speed without heat problems?

PS:CVD's when my Driveline breaks.

RC Qualifier
    Your batteries should do fine as long as you run them in parallel.

From my understanding the 4600KV will probably run a bit cooler and produce more torque than the 5700KV.
    But hard to tell without trying/measuring it in YOUR car.

Gearing, i would start stock: 50/28 and work from there 50/30 or 32. Still not fast enough? Try 45/30.

In theory 4600KV at 50/28 with stock Talons on 3S should get you to around 60mph.
    Based on this calculator: http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html

Under real work circumstances probably lower.

RC Racer
    Thanks, 60mph-65mph will be enough for me, if it runs cooler at that speed will be great!
    Great link, I've been already testing some setup's.

Whats the tecnical/phisical difference from the 5700 and the 4600? what makes the 4600 have more torque? is the rotor smaller?

RC Racer
    I've found my answer
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...or-Repair-Kits!!!

The rotor is the same, the diference is on the windings.

RC Racer
    I have asked Castle the difference(Temp/Top Speed) between both motors, here's the Castle's answer.
    The difference between the 1406/4600 and the 1406/5700 is RPM. Kv is RPM per volt, therefore; the 4600 on 3s calculates out to be 51,060 RPM's. The 5700 on 3s calculates out to be 63,270 RPM's. The 31/50 gearingwould be gearing for a high speed setup only. That wouldn't be a setup that you can drive around off road bashing all day. We do not have a recommendation for gearing for that vehicle. The reason being, you are putting a 1/10 scale motor and ESC in a 1/16 scale vehicle. There are a lot of guys out there doing it and running really aggressive gearing, as long as you keep track of your motor and ESC temps(180F) you will be fine. You will also need to run 2 3s batteries in parallel, with the highest mAh rating you can get and at least a 30c continuous discharge rate or higher. The batteries need to be the same brand, the same age, same discharge rating and mAh rating.

How about the Temp?
    Assuming that both motors are geared to achive the same top speed. They would be the same temp. If you gear up the 4600 to reach say 50mph, you will be able to achieve that same speed on the 5700 with a smaller pinion, however the two systems will be very close to the same temp.
    I would start with around a 22 to 25t. the 5700 will not have to be geared as aggressive as the 4600 to achieve the same speed, But Both Motors will run really close to the same temp if you are running the same batteries on both and gearing them both for 50mph.

Basically both motores are the same, the big difference is on the gearing you will be using.
    I ended up ordering the 4600 because was the first back on stock at amain.

RC Racer
    Here goes my new scop, directly to the ESC/Motor

What do you think?

RC Qualifier
    Sweet vents. As for the mounts, I started with just the tenbol and didn't like the mulch in the gears. So I picked up the trx big block kit plate mount n cover. Then recently decided to go back to the tenbol but kept the gear cover and much thicker big block plate. The tenbol is thicker than the big block mount but the stock plate is thin, now I have two beefier items on my mount with a partial gear cover. I also drilled and counter sunk a hole in the plate, then tapped and mounted my own heat sink,"thanks Hot Racing". As far as gears 39/45 on TRX 3s in parallel on canyons.
    BB MERV/T8 Rusty/OS21REVO
    Drive it like its Hot

RC Racer
    My combo has arrived today

anyway, no need to cut the motor shaft thanks to HR Motor mount :

Mrmerv76 your motor looks sweet, I like the way you put the cover, and applyed HR's ideas

RC Racer
    Hope you like,

comments please

Please take note that several brand names that were previously allowed have now been blocked by our language filter. These are brands that come from the banned website based out of Hong Kong. Discussing these products will no longer be allowed on the Traxxas forum and will be treated just like mention of the website they come from has been for some time now. We appreciate your cooperation on this in future posts. This prohibition includes not only links and references, but graphic representations as well.
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 09-22-2013 at 06:36 PM.

RC Racer

Parts list for neu Castle 5700kv

Quote Originally Posted by l_park View Post
    Hope you like,

comments please
    How does it fit over the shock tower with that mount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk