Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    RC poster
    Ok no problem, Sorry for the inconvience. Thanks Again!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by simon32man View Post
    Sent you a pm...and thankyou very much......YouTubed some of them planes in action....boy they shift....and how amazed I was the things you can do with them.....omg viperZ....have I now got a plane bug thing....I'm going to look into a starter plane....and how silly of me not to do this sooner as I live by a disused airfield...what have you started viperZ...Lol.
    Yeah, they really fly! That's Excellent! Let me know what you decide on or if you need any help at all or have any questions. I'll get the decal sent out this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by opg4 View Post
    Ok no problem, Sorry for the inconvience. Thanks Again!!
    No worries

New Page, New Photos

Last edited by ViperZ; 08-29-2013 at 07:15 AM.

RC Champion
    Both of'em are lookin good!
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Both of'em are lookin good!
    Thanks Sean! I've really been having a lot of fun with these units.

RC Champion
    For a bit of relaxation on this long weekend, I decided to start my Silverado body for the Ultimate. The Spaz Stix paint arrived in Canada, with out issues! It goes on really nice and has a nice effect. They instruct you to back the Chrome paint with their black baker or any water based black paint. I'm not so sure I would do that again as it seemed to take a bit of the luster mirror effect away. I suppose any paint behind it would have affected the effect, but next time I may try Silber or white.

Regardless, the Grill is on! No idea what I want to do with the rest of the body, I'll make it up as I go. I'm not fond of the molded in shocks on the back section, but will deal with it. I wish I had some paint on masking film... LHS does not stock it and can not get it, it seems. Any suggestions??

Masked up for the paint

This is my friend's first paint job, I think he did a great job on the Ford Raptor! He's a big Monster Energy Drink fan, so it was an easy pick. I dig the coloring and really would like to get some of that Gun Metal used on the back. Out of Stock at the LHS and my favorite online seller.

Here it is with the 2.8 Road Rage and Durango wheels that came with my Rally Roller

RC Racer
    Tell your friend he did a great job.... for the body of yours how about Black body and 2 racing stripes up the middle and they could be some type of deep red color to go with the black

RC Qualifier
    Great!!!!!!!......looking forward to your out come on the body shell.....WOW.....that's he's first job....he is clearly a very talented as that is an awesome job.....great colour scheme....have a good weekend dude...speak soon

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BEvans454 View Post
    Tell your friend he did a great job.... for the body of yours how about Black body and 2 racing stripes up the middle and they could be some type of deep red color to go with the black

Hmm thanks for the ideas.... I was thinking a bright florescent green

Great!!!!!!!......looking forward to your out come on the body shell.....WOW.....that's he's first job....he is clearly a very talented as that is an awesome job.....great colour scheme....have a good weekend dude...speak soon
    Thanks guys, I'll be sure to pass it on!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Hmm thanks for the ideas.... I was thinking a bright florescent green

Thanks guys, I'll be sure to pass it on!
    actually i dont know about you but that sounds like it would look really cool a black body with florecent green racing stripes hmmmmm

RC Champion
    Is that the Tamiya fluorescent green?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BEvans454 View Post
    actually i dont know about you but that sounds like it would look really cool a black body with florecent green racing stripes hmmmmm
    Niiiice!

Is that the Tamiya fluorescent green?
    Jordan's Monster drink truck, not sure, but after showing him my can of Tamiya Flo Green paint, he thinks its the same. His did not look Flo Green, rather more a Bright Rougriders Green. Which I love, but was hoping for more Fluorescent like my Robbie Gordon Flo orange body. HE backed the green with white as well.

Humm, maybe metallic green, or another Flo Orange body...?

RC Racer
    Nice job as usual man.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaysse View Post
    Nice job as usual man.
    Thanks! I just finished masking one side of the rear roll cage... It's a lot of work! Next time I chose a body that's easier mask & paint....

RC Racer
    Thanks! I just finished masking one side of the rear roll cage... It's a lot of work! Next time I chose a body that's easier mask & paint....
    As someone proposed, try lquid mask next time, thats what im gonna do.

RC Champion
    As someone proposed, try lquid mask next time, thats what im gonna do.
    I was asking earlier in post #325...

Local hobby store was out... So I had no choice but to move along.... I suppose I could have maybe found something at home depot, but I just decided to grind it out

RC Racer
    I was asking earlier in post #325...

Local hobby store was out... So I had no choice but to move along.... I suppose I could have maybe found something at home depot, but I just decided to grind it out
    Sorry if i missed some post of the 9 pages, lol.

RC Champion
    Sorry if i missed some post of the 9 pages, lol.
    Ha, Ha... Yeah what's the deal hey...?

RC Qualifier
    Good old school masking.....your teasing us dude....Lol....give us some pics....wanna see what your doing!!...Lol...I'm away next week and no access to the Internet....gonna be a long week of anticipation waiting to see what you've done.....on another note I have my bodyshell on order with sky blue paint for the main body...orange for the middle stripe and lower body stripe....navy for the pinstripe between the orange and sky blue and gunmetal for the roll cage....very excited to do this one as you have had a major impact on this...

RC Champion
    Good old school masking.....your teasing us dude....Lol....give us some pics....wanna see what your doing!!...Lol...I'm away next week and no access to the Internet....gonna be a long week of anticipation waiting to see what you've done.....on another note I have my bodyshell on order with sky blue paint for the main body...orange for the middle stripe and lower body stripe....navy for the pinstripe between the orange and sky blue and gunmetal for the roll cage....very excited to do this one as you have had a major impact on this...
    Ha, Ha Simon, you and I are so similar in many ways... If I ever get to the UK, I'm looking you up!!

As I was masking up the roll cage section I was thinking how much work this was compared to if I had some liquid mask... Then I started thinking how this is so old school and how I use to do it like this all the time, using tape, newspaper and a very sharp Xacto knife.. There was some sense of relaxing satisfaction in doing this. I was saying to myself as I was doing this "Kicking it old school..."

It made me stop , take pause and take a few pictures... Besides, if I was to use liquid mask, I would just hand paint it anyway then. Having a coffee break right now but will post up the old school mask soon.

Awesome on the body and paint supplies! I love the Gulf theme and would love to do a Porsche 917 in old school Gulf colors. For a bit of inspiration we have an annual event in town called "Cruise Weekend". This is an event where there is a car show in the streets of downtown, followed by everyone gathering with lawn chairs to watch cars cruise down a main drag in Saskatoon. This occurred on last weekend Aug 23-25. I was camped out and this pulled up behind me. It's a 2006 Ford GT painted in Gulf Heritage colors. It was a beautiful car, too bad I only had my cell phone with me.

RC Champion
    Alright, typical pedestrian stuff, but here is the old school masking.

I may need to replenish my tape supply after this body

Any guess to what that is behind in the background?

Ready for the Chrome

An outsiders perspective

RC Qualifier
    Snap!!!!!.....I was thinking the same thing...I would deffo hunt you down...Lol...I've always used masking tape and paper...never tried liquid mask....although i like to just a bit stuck in my ways.......always a massive sense of achievement masking with tape...an xacto knife is a must...i usually make card templates and then transfer to the mask before applying to the body....yeah the colours I got are not exact as spec colours but is close enough for an r/c body....omg that event sounds awesome....we only have events like that at tracks....that ford is awesome....and now we are really talking old school with the 917...brilliant dude...thanks for that....I sometimes forgot how awesome some of the great cars are!!!!....that put a huge smile on my face...

RC Qualifier
    Alright, typical pedestrian stuff, but here is the old school masking.

I may need to replenish my tape supply after this body

Any guess to what that is behind in the background?

Ready for the Chrome

An outsiders perspective
    Now we're cooking....good job dude...!!!!!
    Last edited by simon32man; 08-31-2013 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake

RC Qualifier
    Is it a plane wing?.....in the background

RC Champion
    I used liquid mask on my body, it is a lot easier, lets hope your LHS has some in eventually..... If its a plane wing i've combined those 2 together before......

RC Champion
    Is it a plane wing?.....in the background

I used liquid mask on my body, it is a lot easier, lets hope your LHS has some in eventually..... If its a plane wing i've combined those 2 together before......
    LOL, I guess that wasn't too tough to figure out hey? It's my 1/3 scale Christen Eagle II with Powered with an E-Flite Power 110 electric motor and Castle Creation Phoenix Ice 120a ESC on 8s lipos.

Here it is out at the field beside my Precision Aerobatics Extra MX 3D plane... Both of these are fantastic fun to fly!

Yes, I hope they get some liquid mask in soon so I can try it to see if I like using it.... Went to the hobby store for some supplies, no new paints, so I may try to mix my own concoction...

RC Champion
    I was messing around with my Ultimate in the shop today and noticed the RPM light grill slipped off in my hand. I had glued these on with silicone glue last time. So I thought this was a good opportunity to disassemble and paint the inner light bowls which I failed to do at first.

I then tried some plastic glue to glue the grills on but it crazed the lens So I took out the Dremel, polished the lens back and decided to use aluminum tape to hold the grills on. This looks like it will work really well.

I'm looking forward to the increased light output with the painted reflectors

RC Champion
    well I just made it through your thread. Lot's of good information and great photography. I have the 2400 paired with a MM1 and a 2650 MM1 in both of my Shining Star Chassis Slashes and love them both. I noticed you were concerned about having an uncovered gear box and I'm hear to say that that is a non issue with my chassis. It's designed so that everything runs off before it has a chance to settle or sit anywhere. That with hardened steel spurs and pinions has never yielded any problems whatsoever to me in a 1.5 years. I'd like to also point out there are no 1/8 scale truggies or buggies that have enclosed gear meshes. They are all open and usually have an opening in the bottom of the chassis below the spur gear. You can tell in this pic (excuse the blurriness) that nothing will impede the mesh. Sorry for my rant but I see this from time to time and like to let people know that it's a nonissue.
    That Gulf Ford GT is beautiful! The GT is my dream car. I have a two GT parts on my truck, the GT aluminum 5.4l block and the it's throttle body lol. I wish I went with the GT 32v heads instead of porting the 2v heads
    That carbon fiber intake cover is obviously not for the f250 so I'm curious what it's for?
    Last edited by SLW-SVT; 08-31-2013 at 04:21 PM.
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Qualifier
    I would have guess and say the intake is for an M3?

RC Qualifier
    I was messing around with my Ultimate in the shop today and noticed the RPM light grill slipped off in my hand. I had glued these on with silicone glue last time. So I thought this was a good opportunity to disassemble and paint the inner light bowls which I failed to do at first.

I then tried some plastic glue to glue the grills on but it crazed the lens So I took out the Dremel, polished the lens back and decided to use aluminum tape to hold the grills on. This looks like it will work really well.

I'm looking forward to the increased light output with the painted reflectors
    Very good they are so realistic

RC Champion
    Maybe I should have taken this opportunity to polish the bumper too?

I'm actually surprized this light assembly has survived this long. It's a pretty well designed system fot the amount of punishment it takes up front. The silicone sealer to hold the grills and lenses in was a bit sketchy before, I'm surprized I didn't lose one of these grills or lenses sooner. This aluminum tape is much better.

Bolting the assembly back on

It really is brighter and looks much nicer now with a more uniform light output. Before at certain angles it had a point of light form the LED, now its the whole bucket.

I think I'll tackle the tail lights next

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    well I just made it through your thread. Lot's of good information and great photography. I have the 2400 paired with a MM1 and a 2650 MM1 in both of my Shining Star Chassis Slashes and love them both. I noticed you were concerned about having an uncovered gear box and I'm hear to say that that is a non issue with my chassis. It's designed so that everything runs off before it has a chance to settle or sit anywhere. That with hardened steel spurs and pinions has never yielded any problems whatsoever to me in a 1.5 years. I'd like to also point out there are no 1/8 scale truggies or buggies that have enclosed gear meshes. They are all open and usually have an opening in the bottom of the chassis below the spur gear. You can tell in this pic (excuse the blurriness) that nothing will impede the mesh. Sorry for my rant but I see this from time to time and like to let people know that it's a nonissue.
    That Gulf Ford GT is beautiful! The GT is my dream car. I have a two GT parts on my truck, the GT aluminum 5.4l block and the it's throttle body lol. I wish I went with the GT 32v heads instead of porting the 2v heads
    That carbon fiber intake cover is obviously not for the f250 so I'm curious what it's for?
    Thanks for that! I can see steel on steel being able to power past stuff, but at some time you would think something has to give, and if not the gears, then maybe a motor shaft or something else...

I just shudder thinking about an open gear box when I review my pictures... I suppose the only other thing to do is me run with out the cover and see if it makes a believer out of me.

I would have guess and say the intake is for an M3?
    Simon nailed it SLW-SVT That sounds like one wicked truck!! IS that block custom installed?

Very good they are so realistic
    Thanks Buddy!
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-31-2013 at 07:48 PM.

RC Champion
    Thanks for that! I can see steel on steel being able to power past stuff, but at some time you would think something has to give, and if not the gears, then maybe a motor shaft or something else...

I just shudder thinking about an open gear box when I review my pictures... I suppose the only other thing to do is me run with out the cover and see if it makes a believer out of me.
    SLW-SVT That sounds like one wicked truck!! IS that block custom installed?
    I don't recommend running without a gear cover with your current chassis! I'm saying that open gears on a chassis that is designed for debris runoff is not an issue

The truck has been a huge money pit but at this point everything about it is built to the teeth! 659rwhp 711rwtq on 93 and 18 psi on the 3.4l supercharger and it's being tuned for n2o, c16 race fuel and 24 psi right now! The shop is expecting 800+ but we'll see. Here's my album if you are interested in some pics of it

RC Champion
    I don't recommend running without a gear cover with your current chassis! I'm saying that open gears on a chassis that is designed for debris runoff is not an issue

The truck has been a huge money pit but at this point everything about it is built to the teeth! 659rwhp 711rwtq on 93 and 18 psi on the 3.4l supercharger and it's being tuned for n2o, c16 race fuel and 24 psi right now! The shop is expecting 800+ but we'll see. Here's my album if you are interested in some pics of it
    Like an open competition chassis? I've been wanting to get something like a Associated SC10 (which looks sealed anyway, or other... We'll see, my hands are full enough

That's a killer truck, nice job!! Would love to go for a ride in that! LOL on the money pit... Anything we love can get like that

Here is my build thread, slightly different than your truck, but still fun none the less.
    Last edited by ViperZ; 08-31-2013 at 05:28 PM.

RC Champion
    Like an open competition chassis? I've been wanting to get something like a Associated SC10 (which looks sealed anyway, or other... We'll see, my hands are full enough

That's a killer truck, nice job!! Would love to go for a ride in that! LOL on the money pit... Anything we love can get like that

Here is my build thread, slightly different than your truck, but still fun none the less.
    like the shining star chassis! It's the best one on the market IMO and I've bought them all except the new strc one. The Team RC engineering one was nice but I retired it and now both Slash 4x4's sport the SSC chassis. Well worth it for sure!
    http://www.ssclcg.com/index.php?main_page=index

your car is sick, I love those rims! I had my stock rear wheels widened 2" on the inside to get to 11.5" I've done a little autocrossing in my Lightning too! and gopro. I've done a little autocrossing in my wife's IS350 and it was a blast too...I just wish the ecu wasn't encrypted to high heaven

RC Champion
    I am into planes too, I combined the hobby once! Have fun clean your truck! It was worth the fun wasn't it?

RC Champion
    like the shining star chassis! It's the best one on the market IMO and I've bought them all except the new strc one. The Team RC engineering one was nice but I retired it and now both Slash 4x4's sport the SSC chassis. Well worth it for sure!
    http://www.ssclcg.com/index.php?main_page=index

your car is sick, I love those rims! I had my stock rear wheels widened 2" on the inside to get to 11.5" I've done a little autocrossing in my Lightning too! and gopro. I've done a little autocrossing in my wife's IS350 and it was a blast too...I just wish the ecu wasn't encrypted to high heaven

Those look to be awesome machines! I like the Ultimate LCG just for bashing. I may look at a more competition oriented rig later. Not that I want to race, but just to have as a shelf queen. I was thinking one of those STRC or Shining Star for the Rally build, however will see how it works out.

Thanks on the car 11.5 Boots? That's wide!! I'll check into those videos. That is too bad about the Lexus ECU.

I am into planes too, I combined the hobby once! Have fun clean your truck! It was worth the fun wasn't it?
    Okay, I have to know, how did that work out for you? If you got it airborne, what sustained forward power??

RC Champion
    Those look to be awesome machines! I like the Ultimate LCG just for bashing. I may look at a more competition oriented rig later. Not that I want to race, but just to have as a shelf queen. I was thinking one of those STRC or Shining Star for the Rally build, however will see how it works out.
    All I do is bash with my aluminum chassis. I just wanted my trucks to be the best. THe pink one I built for my wife for when we go to the track but I haven't gone in awhile so I just bash it from time to time at the house. Here's my build thread and the wife's if you are interested. Still going through your M3 build thread...good stuff!

RC Champion
    All I do is bash with my aluminum chassis. I just wanted my trucks to be the best. THe pink one I built for my wife for when we go to the track but I haven't gone in awhile so I just bash it from time to time at the house. Here's my build thread and the wife's if you are interested. Still going through your M3 build thread...good stuff!
    Cool, I'll check those threads out! Good AutoX videos. I have some posted in my thread too

No work on the cars today, going to the Labour Day Classic! But I will scan my favorite hobby store, Ebay!

RC Champion
    Okay, I have to know, how did that work out for you? If you got it airborne, what sustained forward power??
    Foward power was the problem, once it got to a certain point the wheels would just spin. But it was never tried on 3s...

RC Competitor
    Thought that bike track in the first post looked sorta familiar with the tennis centre behind it! Gotta take my boys there with their stampedes instead of their bikes someday!