Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BEvans454 View Post
    question why is ballooning bad??? and how long did it take you to clean everything after the fun on the beach
    Probably the biggest thing is lost traction due to decreased contact patch, and maybe inconsistent handling over the range of flat to balloon.... Also it increases your effective final drive gear ration, increasing speed, but which can make your system work harder.

I spent a few hours on it. I'm still cleaning, but, it was so worth it!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Probably the biggest thing is lost traction due to decreased contact patch, and maybe inconsistent handling over the range of flat to balloon.... Also it increases your effective final drive gear ration, increasing speed, but which can make your system work harder.

I spent a few hours on it. I'm still cleaning, but, it was so worth it!
    thanks man i have heard about people sayin that the ballooning sucks i just didn't know wat the heck they were sayin...... have fun with the rest of the cleaning can't wait for more upgrades and picks... your threads have been helping me with the how to questions and i really do thank you for that

RC Champion
    You are welcome! Thanks for hanging around my thread, I'm still learning so much about these from everyone

New pictures for the new page:

RC Racer
    You are welcome! Thanks for hanging around my thread, I'm still learning so much about these from everyone
    you need these for the beach

http://prolineracing.com/tires/sling...2.2/3.0-tires/

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BEvans454 View Post
    Yeah those are real sand tires! However these Badland knock offs were more than up to the job, they dug really nice and provided all the traction you could want. Lots of wheelies on launch!

So I was inspecting the Truck after cleaning, I found the next probable failure point. The left rear drive shaft I bought a set of replacements to get me through until my steel drive shafts arrive. They can't come soon enough. You can see how the left shaft yoke is already torqued out to the direction of drive, and the U-Joint pin has enlarged the hole.

She's going next

All Clean and lubed for another round!

RC Qualifier
    Great stuff again viperZ.....looks like you a brill time...very jealous atm....

RC Champion
    Thanks Simon! Beach running was everything you said it would be and more!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Simon! Beach running was everything you said it would be and more!
    Yes you just cant put into words how good and versitile a beach is....im deffo going to do another one soon

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by simon32man View Post
    Yes you just cant put into words how good and versitile a beach is....im deffo going to do another one soon

The Traxxas trucks performed most excellently in this rough environment. Even then it was tough on the equipment. This makes me ask... How do you think a competition oriented race truck like the Losi Ten-SCTE, Teknos SC410 or Associated SC10 would fair in this type of use? Would it survive and even excel in this type of use (non race course)?

Just wondring if I should upgrade to a competition chassis or keep rocking the Ultimate and soon to be Rally.

RC Champion
    Just to clarify, I don't want to race at all, just bash and crash

RC Qualifier
    I really dont think they would fair that well...alot of them have exposed gear mechs....and i wouldnt go to the expense of a competition chassis unless i was thinking about racing....if i got a competition chassis i would build a shelf queen...just so i could admire the beauty of it...Lol...

RC Champion
    I really dont think they would fair that well...alot of them have exposed gear mechs....and i wouldnt go to the expense of a competition chassis unless i was thinking about racing....if i got a competition chassis i would build a shelf queen...just so i could admire the beauty of it...Lol...
    My thoughts exactly Simon. The exposed gears, different objectives.... Mine would turn into a self queen too I suspect as parts are not as readily available. The drive shaft I got from Best Buy, Future shop and my local hobby store did not have them. I'm back up and running due to this availability of parts.

A competition truck for how I like to run seems like using a thorough bred horse for a Clydesdale application

And I can't get passed those exposed gear :O. At least the Associated SC10 looks closed/sealed. Still, thorough bred/Clydesdale

RC Qualifier
    My thoughts exactly Simon. The exposed gears, different objectives.... Mine would turn into a self queen too I suspect as parts are not as readily available. The drive shaft I got from Best Buy, Future shop and my local hobby store did not have them. I'm back up and running due to this availability of parts.

A competition truck for how I like to run seems like using a thorough bred horse for a Clydesdale application

And I can't get passed those exposed gear :O. At least the Associated SC10 looks closed/sealed. Still, thorough bred/Clydesdale
    Lol....all true...on another note.....have you or know anyone who has done a matt black body shell and look good?

RC Champion
    Lol....all true...on another note.....have you or know anyone who has done a matt black body shell and look good?
    Humm, no... However, my HPI Sprint to Flux came with a Matt Sliver paint job. To get that Matt look it was painted on the outside. I don't know how else you would create the matt finish unless you sprayed on the inside and then dull coated the outside or sand and or blast it.

And we all know how well outside painted bodies will look after a few runs.

RC Qualifier
    Humm, no... However, my HPI Sprint to Flux came with a Matt Sliver paint job. To get that Matt look it was painted on the outside. I don't know how else you would create the matt finish unless you sprayed on the inside and then dull coated the outside or sand and or blast it.

And we all know how well outside painted bodies will look after a few runs.
    Hmmmm.....maybe back to the drawing board then....yeah I don't wanna waste my time doing the outer...especially with my history of driving....

RC Qualifier
    That wasn't an ocean beach was it? I live in Nor Cal and made the mistake of "accidentally" running my rig into the surf. Saltwater caused all sorts of problems but was able to fix them. Used a grip of WD40 and blasted it out with the air compressor for days. Never again.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Banjoblue View Post
    That wasn't an ocean beach was it? I live in Nor Cal and made the mistake of "accidentally" running my rig into the surf. Saltwater caused all sorts of problems but was able to fix them. Used a grip of WD40 and blasted it out with the air compressor for days. Never again.
    Everyone has one of those moments....
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Champion
    Hmmmm.....maybe back to the drawing board then....yeah I don't wanna waste my time doing the outer...especially with my history of driving....
    Yeah, I'm not sure of any other way to get a matt finish... You could paint on the inside and then bead or sand blast the outside.

This is my Mustang with a matt silver finish, painted on the outside (new).

This is my mustang after just a few racing rounds. There is no restoring the luster here when painted outside

Quote Originally Posted by Banjoblue View Post
    No, it was fresh river water. It took a bit to clean the san out and it still coming out, but it was so worth it! After rinsing with tap water, I used an air compressor, wiped it down, sprayed it with Simple green cleaner, WD-40'ed the bearings, and silicone lubes surfaces like the A Arm pivots and the ESC and Motor fans.

I got a few parts today. The RPM arms I bought to have as spares. I thought it would be cool to buy them in blue (don't know why), now I'm wishing I would have just went black. Oh well, next set will be green then to round it out.

The wheels are for my Rally build.

Sean1214, you'll be happy to know I decided to try taping the tires, Thanks! Who says you can't teach a old dog new tricks!

RC Champion
    I mounted up the wheels on the Ultimate to test for mounting concentricity and ballooning. None, what so ever!

Overview

I love how versatile the LCG is. With the coli overs turned down, it's low enough to be a road car

Full Throttle, still nice and square!

RC Qualifier
    I see what you mean.....looks beautiful new....and not so when bashed...and like you said not easy to touch up...gonna look about for a colour scheme to do....

RC Champion
    It will be interesting to see what you come up with. With a single color painted on the outside you can always touch it up with a re-spray lol

RC Qualifier
    It will be interesting to see what you come up with. With a single color painted on the outside you can always touch it up with a re-spray lol
    Lol.....im no Picasso....so it will be very basic.....I was thinking of doing either and STP sponsor team colour or gulf team colour....gotta get matching decals to what ever i do....

RC Champion
    Sean1214, you'll be happy to know I decided to try taping the tires, Thanks! Who says you can't teach a old dog new tricks! ]
    Not per say happy, but glad that I could help!

RC Champion
    Lol.....im no Picasso....so it will be very basic.....I was thinking of doing either and STP sponsor team colour or gulf team colour....gotta get matching decals to what ever i do....
    I love the Gulf colors! I have custom made decals and custom matched Blue and orange paint for a Pylon Racing plane I'm constructing... The decal I got from Calli graphics, she's great, but primarily airplanes and helicopters. I'm not sure who does RC cars, but I'm sure she could set you up.

Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Not per say happy, but glad that I could help!

RC poster
    Hi there Mr ViperZ, I am too a newbie here and just have been reading all the threads. I have been learning a lot from everybody here. I too just recieved my Slash 4x4 SC and I like what I see. I also have the new Funny Car and my son has the 1/10 scale monster jam Son Ova Digger Keep up the awsome work guys!!
    But I have a question to you ViperZ? Is there anyway you can list your upgrades with part numbers if possible for your Slash 4x4 and your rally car. Thanks in advance gentleman and keep on RCing!!!!
    Last edited by opg4; 08-28-2013 at 12:59 AM. Reason: missed word

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by opg4 View Post
    Hi there Mr ViperZ, I am too a newbie here and just have been reading all the threads. I have been learning a lot from everybody here. I too just recieved my Slash 4x4 SC and I like what I see. I also have the new Funny Car and my son has the 1/10 scale monster jam Son Ova Digger Keep up the awsome work guys!!
    But I have a question to you ViperZ? Is there anyway you can list your upgrades with part numbers if possible for your Slash 4x4 and your rally car. Thanks in advance gentleman and keep on RCing!!!!

Nice collection you have going opg4! Welcome and thanks for posting!

Yes, I can do listing. I wished I could edit my first post to keep it current in a easily found location rather than get buried in the thread. However give me a bit and I'll get one made up.

RC Champion
    Currently Installed

• Traxxas Slash Ultimate Edition
    • Aluminum Front Caster Blocks (Ultimate Edition)
    • Low Center Gavity Chassis (Ultimate Edition)
    • Aluminum Steering Blocks (Ultimate Edition)
    • Aluminum Rear Bearing Holders (Ultimate Edition)
    • Sway Bars Front & Back (Ultimate Edition)
    • Big Bore GTR Shocks (Ultimate Edition)
    • Castle Creations Mamba Monster 2 ESC
    • Nue-Castle 1414-2400kv Motor
    • 4500mah 3s 70c Lipos
    • RPM Rear Bumper
    • RPM Front Bumper
    • RPM Front Light Buckets
    • RPM Rear Tail Lights
    • RPM Mud Flap Kit
    • RC-LEDs 6 Light Controller with brake module
    • Traxxas 17mm Hub Adapters TRX 6856X
    • Hot Racing Aluminum Motor Mount

Too Be Installed

• Traxxas Steel CVD Drive Shafts TRX 6851R & 6852R
    • STRC Aluminum Front and Rear Shock Towers
    • RPM Long & Short Rod Ends
    • Traxxas Tall Battery Hold Down
    • Futaba R304SB Receiver

That's about it.... For now.

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=ViperZ;5567856]I love the Gulf colors! I have custom made decals and custom matched Blue and orange paint for a Pylon Racing plane I'm constructing... The decal I got from Calli graphics, she's great, but primarily airplanes and helicopters. I'm not sure who does RC cars, but I'm sure she could set you up.
    great minds viperZ...Lol....I will try to source some....or I can always print some of the gulf emblems off and take it to a vinyl sign maker and see what they can do?....

RC Champion
    great minds viperZ...Lol....I will try to source some....or I can always print some of the gulf emblems off and take it to a vinyl sign maker and see what they can do?....
    Okay, let me know if you get stuck. I can send you some from my Gulf sheets I had made. I got a few various sizes made up. I can post a picture showing you them relative to a truck body for size scale relationship.

RC Qualifier
    Okay, let me know if you get stuck. I can send you some from my Gulf sheets I had made. I got a few various sizes made up. I can post a picture showing you them relative to a truck body for size scale relationship.
    That would be great viperZ....thankyou...

RC Champion
    I'll look at them tonight and show them to you.. Now I'm sort of anxious to finish the plane

RC Qualifier
    cool boss.....now maybe that's a little sign to get it done..Lol......fate works in mysterious ways

RC Champion
    cool boss.....now maybe that's a little sign to get it done..Lol......fate works in mysterious ways
    Maybe....

Okay, here are the Gulf decals I had made. The big one is 4.5" and the second one is 2.5". Shown with the Gulf covering. I also had special paint colors made to match the covering.

For interest sake, this is the plane it's planned for. A Nemesis E-F1 Pylon Racer that I built.

That's a Pogo E-F1 Pylon Racer behind it, and my Sundowner 50 behind that, in it's usual place in my shop. I have too many airplanes

RC Qualifier
    Maybe....

Okay, here are the Gulf decals I had made. The big one is 4.5" and the second one is 2.5". Shown with the Gulf covering. I also had special paint colors made to match the covering.

For interest sake, this is the plane it's planned for. A Nemesis E-F1 Pylon Racer that I built.

That's a Pogo E-F1 Pylon Racer behind it, and my Sundowner 50 behind that, in it's usual place in my shop. I have too many airplanes
    Omg viperZ your are the man.....loving those planes....I don't know anything about planes but they are wicked....and those decals are awesome.....I would need 3 of the 2.5" ones....1 for the bonnet(hood)....and 1 for each door....

RC Champion
    Omg viperZ your are the man.....loving those planes....I don't know anything about planes but they are wicked....and those decals are awesome.....I would need 3 of the 2.5" ones....1 for the bonnet(hood)....and 1 for each door....
    Okay, PM me your address and I'll send them to you

Thanks! These are racing planes. The E-F1 class fly at about +110mph around a pylon course. The Sundowner 50 is modeled in the same but doesn't really have a spec class for racing. It was clocked at 131mph. They're a hoot to fly around just for the exhilaration of boring holes in the sky with unlimited vertical!
    Last edited by ViperZ; 08-28-2013 at 05:16 PM.

RC Champion
    Wow, liking the build and photography man. Some pretty good stuff. Enjoyed reading it.
    1/10 Rally x2/P4de/P2de/Rustler/Sl4sh MT

RC Champion
    You forgot to add something to the "soon to be" list.

Broken parts!

RC poster
    Oh well ViperZ!! That was quick. Thanks for getting that made up. If by chance is there anyway you can get the make and model numbers of the parts with the kind of batteries you use. I just want to make the right decision when buying parts. Sorry for asking so much. Thanks Again!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan81 View Post
    Wow, liking the build and photography man. Some pretty good stuff. Enjoyed reading it.
    Thanks for your comments! Check out my Rally Thread, I will up load tonight's progress in a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    You forgot to add something to the "soon to be" list.

Broken parts!
    Yup, that's inevitable in any of these hobbies

Quote Originally Posted by opg4 View Post
    Oh well ViperZ!! That was quick. Thanks for getting that made up. If by chance is there anyway you can get the make and model numbers of the parts with the kind of batteries you use. I just want to make the right decision when buying parts. Sorry for asking so much. Thanks Again!!
    Thanks, I'll have to PM you the batteries as I received an infraction for naming, and then abbreviating the censor of the batteries I use.

RC Qualifier
    Okay, PM me your address and I'll send them to you

Thanks! These are racing planes. The E-F1 class fly at about +110mph around a pylon course. The Sundowner 50 is modeled in the same but doesn't really have a spec class for racing. It was clocked at 131mph. They're a hoot to fly around just for the exhilaration of boring holes in the sky with unlimited vertical!
    Sent you a pm...and thankyou very much......YouTubed some of them planes in action....boy they shift....and how amazed I was the things you can do with them.....omg viperZ....have I now got a plane bug thing....I'm going to look into a starter plane....and how silly of me not to do this sooner as I live by a disused airfield...what have you started viperZ...Lol.