Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Was zup?
    I was going to ask you about the car meet, but you beat me to it!! LoL
    Slash MT, 1/10 Summit.

RC Champion

It was a bit wet from the defrost last year, but if I can't run the road cars, I should be able to run the Ultimate for fun! Clintcart is going with his WRX and also planning on bringing his RC cars... It should be good!
    Glad to see your guys enjoy our cars up north! Please get plenty of pictures! Love both yours and clints cars.

Gang of 3 VG braces
    Only if every chassis was this versatile.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Competitor
    Gang of 3 VG braces
    Oh boy! Where's my nitroglycerin!!

RC Enthusiast
    Awesome looking trucks ViperZ love the colored schemes on each individual one

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by summitbasher240 View Post
    I was going to ask you about the car meet, but you beat me to it!! LoL
    Ah, cool. If you're going to be there, drop me a line. It would be cool to meet up!

Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Glad to see your guys enjoy our cars up north! Please get plenty of pictures! Love both yours and clints cars.

Only if every chassis was this versatile.
    Thanks, it will be great to get them out for a run! We enjoy a lot of things up here in the North Will do on the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by CrashTestDummy View Post
    Oh boy! Where's my nitroglycerin!!
    Thanks Crash!

Quote Originally Posted by bandoleroracer64 View Post
    Awesome looking trucks ViperZ love the colored schemes on each individual one
    Thanks Bandolero! Actually only one of them is a truck... The other two are more sedans. But I know what you meant

RC Champion
    Received some new boots for the Ultimate today.

Duratrax Lockups. They look to be similar in class as the Proline Badlands, which is basically an aggressive off road tire. Maybe just a step down from the pure spike of the Badlands. I think they should work pretty well as an all-rounder. I'll get them mounted up and take for for a rip.

Left to Right: 1/8 Lockups, 1/8 Badlands Knock-offs, 3.0/2.2 Badlands

RC Qualifier
    very nice boots

RC Champion
    Thanks Simon, they are a very nice tire. Of note the compound, C2, does seem slightly softer than the Badlands in nub flexion, it will be interesting to see how long they really last.

RC Champion
    Thanks Simon, they are a very nice tire. Of note the compound, C2, does seem slightly softer than the Badlands in nub flexion, it will be interesting to see how long they really last.
    I had lockups a year or two back when I had my slash 2wd and didn't see much wear on dirt only.

RC Champion
    Well then, we'll see how these hold up

So probably no Defrost for me this weekend. It's been raining all week, and is suppose to rain all weekend. I need to swap out a set of winter to summer tires and do a brake job on my Nissan X-Trail, so will end up doing that instead.

And finish painting Rally-2
    Last edited by ViperZ; 04-25-2014 at 07:37 AM. Reason: added comentary

RC Qualifier
    Has defrost been cancelled?....or just bcus?.....you still have your x-trail?......and yeah get painting pleazzzzzzzze......I wanna see some sexy body action .....maybe do it inside and get one of these?...
    http://www.airflow-group.com/spray-b...xtraction.html ...Lol.....only joking..or am I?.

RC Champion
    No, Defrost is still on, I'm canceling on going. It snowed last night and this morning. Although its melted now its been raining all day, more tomorrow with snow and rain through the weekend. High of 7C. I just don't want to be caught out on the highway with the W speed rated tires and snow

Yes, I still have my X-Trail, as well as all my other cars... I just can find a reason to sell them and just enjoy them all too much

If the weather co-operates I could have some body action. I just put on it's second coat, but it needs a lot more.

Here is a taste of the action

I like that booth and have been discussing booth design with my buddy. I would only need a smallish one with a fan to suck out the air through a window.

RC Champion
    I stopped by my LHS during lunch today looking for some Tamiya paint. They didn't have the TS-31 color I looking for, but I did find something else....

A Proline Desert Raid Body! I've been after one of these for some time now, but was not in a panic to get one, it seems they will eventually come your way

I really like the tuned SUV style of this body with the large pronounced flares! My plans are to paint it up for the Ultimate, with a higher CG look to it, but then another part of me is thinking of it for my Rally-2. It will most likely be for the Ultimate.

Now if I can stop queuing up projects I can't seem to stop

Here is a finished Desert Raid

I knew it was coming after seeing the Bowler Nemesis thread.
    You beat me to it good sir, oh well were trying to get the down state house ready to move into so I suppose the hobby will be limited to race weekend this summer.
    Looking forward to seeing the paint work.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Champion
    Yep, had to do it, it was like it was calling me

Summer is here and I have too many irons in the camp fire already, RC and non

RC Qualifier
    I like this thread, partly because there's so much photos and it's fun to scroll through when you're bored, and they're all hd pictures! Keep them coming, and you should do this on a 2wd slash too!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobiispo View Post
    I like this thread, partly because there's so much photos and it's fun to scroll through when you're bored, and they're all hd pictures! Keep them coming, and you should do this on a 2wd slash too!
    i just do the same!! when im bored in class like now i just scroll down and see the pictures that are so awesome! keep it going!!

RC Champion
    Thanks Cobiispo! Not a bad plan, maybe one day

Quote Originally Posted by traxxasvxlbasher View Post
    i just do the same!! when im bored in class like now i just scroll down and see the pictures that are so awesome! keep it going!!
    Thanks Traxxasbasher, will do!

RC Enthusiast
    Awesome. The slash is a great car

RC Qualifier
    Hahaha its funny because i just finished my science finals and im already here scrolling. And i dont even have a slash 4x4 haha. You should make more videos though

RC Qualifier
    Hahaha its funny because i just finished my science finals and im already here scrolling. And i dont even have a slash 4x4 haha. You should make more videos though
    lol, i finished my finals in geography today. who, me or ViperZ??

RC Champion
    Can't wait to see it painted! Your work is great! How were the SC sized badlands before you went 1/8th?

RC Qualifier
    lol, i finished my finals in geography today. who, me or ViperZ??
    I finished mine today, and summer break! Thank God, now I can focus on my rcs haha. And I was talking about vipers because he has nice trucks but not much filming. And wait do you have a YouTube channel or something?

RC Champion
    yeah this is one of the nicest threads I have read. Work of art and very informative, nice dedication to rc
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    I finished mine today, and summer break! Thank God, now I can focus on my rcs haha. And I was talking about vipers because he has nice trucks but not much filming. And wait do you have a YouTube channel or something?
    Lol, this is my last day of school and tests. Yeah, im gona foucs more on my rc's and join my local track for this summer. I have a youtube channel but i only have 5 vids and those were done in my winter break. This is my channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/rcstuff2013

RC Champion
    Hey, thanks for all your great words about my thread Guys!!

I will try to get more videos, I just wished I had the time to put into them for a more polished production

I really haven't had a lot of time to bash, but I certainly have had time to build as I have a few projects going, however I can;t post about them here as they are non TRX related. I will try to get the new body painted up, and or maybe some new action pictures and video.

Good job to you that finished your classes, I hope you enjoy your summer!

Traxxasvlxbasher, that's a cool looking Youtube channel, I'll be sure to check out, and get some tips

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Can't wait to see it painted! Your work is great! How were the SC sized badlands before you went 1/8th?
    Sean, the SC Badlands are as good as their reputation, however I didn't get a lot of time on them before going 1/8th.

RC Champion
    Sean, the SC Badlands are as good as their reputation, however I didn't get a lot of time on them before going 1/8th.
    Alright just thinking too far ahead for when I start getting paid again in november. Worked out the understeer issue by messing with sway bar combos and got it lower to keep from traction flipping. My only problem now is that I only get power to the inside wheels, time for heavier diff fluid! What diff fluid are you running? I know I have a lot of questions lol. School is out so I should be way more active on here now.

RC Champion
    Good to hear you fixed the understeer! I'm using 50,000 front and and back, not by design rather just because that's what I had on hand

It seems to work well enough for my bashing fests...