Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Looks good! Only if it wasn't so hot in California....
    If only it wasn't so cold in Saskatchewan

If you ever find your way to the San Francisco bay area look me up! I have some great spots to bash the bejesus out of your truck. A big plus is , it doesn't snow here. R/c all year long!
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    Wish you were here......or maybe see you on the dark side of the moon.........

RC poster
    Hi,

Can anyone help me get a setup for my race slash 4x4.

Its running the STRC LCG chassis and the proline protrac kit. My track is a fairly bumpy outdoors track favoring the 8 scale nitro buggies. I have Texin RX8/Pro4 4600 and Savox 1258tg servo. I have the 13mm GTR shocks whith AE springs. Its really fast but tries to swap ends all too easily even whilst powering on the straight. It jumps great though but just not stable.

My current setup is pretty much Sleydan's as far as oils and arm mounting points go, but running 3deg toe in and 2deg neg camber at rear. Shocks mounted middle on tower and full outer at rear. At front I got 1 deg toe in and 1 deg neg camber and got my shocks middle on tower and 2nd from outside on arms. I am running Sleydan's sway bars.

My other truck is a race prepped TLR Ten SCTE 2.0 and that thing is just way faster and more stable everywhere, but it jumps real bad.

Please help!!

RC Champion
    ^^^^ Sorry man, I'm not a racer, you could post it's own thread asking as it may get more exposure...

Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    If you ever find your way to the San Francisco bay area look me up! I have some great spots to bash the bejesus out of your truck. A big plus is , it doesn't snow here. R/c all year long!

Thanks El Sob! That would be interesting to pack RC stuff along on a trip

Quote Originally Posted by simon32man View Post
    Wish you were here......or maybe see you on the dark side of the moon.........

"There is no dark side of the moon, really..... Matter of fact, its all dark."

RC Qualifier
    Holy great gig in the sky....Lol

Thanks El Sob! That would be interesting to pack RC stuff along on a trip

They are really no big deal to take on a plane with you. I go to Indianapolis at least once a year. My Ultimate Edition has gone with me a few times with no problems at all.

RC Champion
    They are really no big deal to take on a plane with you. I go to Indianapolis at least once a year. My Ultimate Edition has gone with me a few times with no problems at all.
    Was that with or without Lipo's? Viper, how are those 1/8th Knuckles holding up?
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Champion
    Yeah I though the same thing, airlines may hassle you if you have a bag full of Lipos as carry on. checked baggage, not so sure either...

Was that with or without Lipo's? Viper, how are those 1/8th Knuckles holding up?
    I think the Knuckles are excellent all around tires that can do on and off road very well. Sure they are not a good as a Badlands off road, or a Street Fighter on road, but depending on what you're doing, you would hardly miss the discipline specific tires. They are my Ultimate's main tires, even though I have a set of each the other ones.

Except for now as I have the Snow tracks on it

That was with lipos. That is all I run. That is what I bring with me. I would have no problem showing them that this is a running RC truck of need be. I haven't had any problems.

RC Champion
    That was with lipos. That is all I run. That is what I bring with me. I would have no problem showing them that this is a running RC truck of need be. I haven't had any problems.
    Thanks for the info buddy!

RC Enthusiast
    hey viperz, i love your thread, i want to know if you run 2s or 3s regularly or what thanks!

RC poster
    Thanks for your advice. I got the Integy single for the motor and he Traxxas for the ESC, and a y splitter to connect them both to the power take off. Running great... One question: the motor fan cycles on and off while the ESC fan is continuous... Is this normal? This was my observation when monitoring the fans while he motor was cold.
    I did get the opportunity to get into the pinions in my son's Rustler when swapping out his busted rear A-Arm (the slash and rustler collided, and the rustler went down). Lucky thing, because I got to use his spare original right rear A arm to replace my slash's front A-arm when it busted while failing to clear the cement barrier it was attempting to jump... It was purely driver error... But oh so much fun.

You can also run the motor fan wires directly from the esc battery plug wire. if you pull the wire back from the male plug, the wire can be soldered directly to the gold tab for a clean look....you will get the battery voltage going to the fan rather than the 5+ volts coming from the rx BEC. All of the fans in rc are 12v fans anyway, so 2 cell or 3 cell input wont be an issue.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by hootyhoo View Post
    hey viperz, i love your thread, i want to know if you run 2s or 3s regularly or what thanks!
    Thanks! In the Ultimate I have been using 3s regularly

Hello all! Sorry I haven't been around much as I've been preoccupied, so much so I haven't done anything with my RC models. I did just get back from trip to Edmonton and was able to check out Great Hobbies and Hobby Wholesale there. Wow, talk about inventory!! I picked up a few things, most noteworthy was Team Durango pit mat and a few new bodies. I've been wanting to pint up a special one for the Snow Cat Track Machine.

Nice grippy rubber mat

It has these wells that holds screws and bolts

Maybe soon!

All of the fans in rc are 12v fans anyway
    Where did you get this information?
    My fans and many more are clearly marked 5v.3a/5.75v max.
    Input: 5V/0.3A/5.75Vmax
    Size: 50mm(L) x 50mm(W) x 10mm(H).
    Weight: 7.2g
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC poster
    Can't wait for the review on the tracks!

RC Racer
    That matt is the beez kneez. I need one

RC Champion
    Nice mat! Maybe if I get enough money this winter...

RC Enthusiast
    what has happened with this thread! keep it going!!!!

RC Racer
    Yes we need some pictures or a video of these tracks!
    (2) Slash 4x4 HCG

RC Qualifier
    **Cough cough**

RC Racer
    Where you at Viper? Hope all is well!!!

RC Champion
    Hey Gang, sorry I've been MIA, too much other stuff going on, but I did have some time to finally play today!

It was a nice -8C, and we had received some fresh snow last week, so Kris and I headed out to play. He got his summit up and running after her fried the ESC, and I was able to test out the Snow Tracks. It was okay until I broke one of the back plates and had to call it a day.

Loaded to go

Continued

The inner cover worked well

Broken back plate
    Last edited by cooleocool; 02-15-2014 at 05:44 PM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    Your backkkk!!!!!!!!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

That truck sure looks good running in the snow with those tracks! It's too bad one of them broke, though.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakesurfer98 View Post
    Your backkkk!!!!!!!!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    I'll try to be around more

Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    That truck sure looks good running in the snow with those tracks! It's too bad one of them broke, though.
    Thanks! I'll contact the Vendor and get some replacements. I put the tires back on so I can play some more

RC Qualifier
    Lookin' good!!!!!
    I don't work weekends anymore so you'll be able to watch me destroy my prized possessions even more!

RC Champion
    Thanks Clint! Looking forward to playing again real soon! Sorry I missed out on the Monster Truck show chance to run RC's. How did it go and how many showed up?

RC Champion
    Glad to see you out having a blast again! I haven't been on the forum often lately either but my truck is running good now. Were you running 3s through the track when it broke?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Thanks Clint! Looking forward to playing again real soon! Sorry I missed out on the Monster Truck show chance to run RC's. How did it go and how many showed up?
    No need to be sorry! I had a great time, there was around 12 people there.

RC Champion
    Glad to see you out having a blast again! I haven't been on the forum often lately either but my truck is running good now. Were you running 3s through the track when it broke?
    Good to see you're still around and got your Slash Running Sean! Yeah, I was running a 3S in the system when it broke. Too much power for sure, as it would just cause the tracks to spin out and dig in deeper into the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Cart View Post
    No need to be sorry! I had a great time, there was around 12 people there.
    Awesome Clint! sounded like fun based on your thread! I still need you to custom drill and tap a set of 17mm adapters for me like yours so I can ditch those 17mm MIP ones on my Rally/GT8

I'm doing some minor mods on my Ultimate tonight, photos to follow in a day or so

RC Champion
    I installed a new light bar on the Silverado body, is it ever bright!!

As well I installed regular Split 6 Beadlocks and Badlands back on to the Ultimate, it looks more scale now I think. I want to take it out and rip around, seeing as I broke a track, this will have to do.

I'll try to get some action shots in the snow and ice.
    Last edited by ViperZ; 02-22-2014 at 11:56 PM.

Wow, those tracks look like a ton of fun! Cool action shots too! Just curious, what paint did you use to get the green color on that Chevy shell? I love that color!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Wow, those tracks look like a ton of fun! Cool action shots too! Just curious, what paint did you use to get the green color on that Chevy shell? I love that color!
    Thanks Wolfman!

The color is created with a Tamiya pearl based coat, Tamiya florescent green and then a Pactra florescent white backer.

RC Champion
    I contacted Integy and they said they would send out replacement parts for the snowtracks! Thats good customer service, I hope to get them back up for another round of snow testing.

RC Qualifier
    Those snow tracks and the trucks look awesome fun in the snow.....shame that one broke....the truck looks awesome with the roof bar light....great write up and pics....good to see you back bing

RC Champion
    Yeah, I'm not sure if I'm totally sold on them performance wise as they seemed to offer little better flotation in deep snow over the Summit with Monster Mashers. I mean both got equally as stuck in the deep snow, I was just expecting the Tracks to be head and shoulders above. Mind you I didnlt get too much run time before I broke it, so we'll see.

Thanks on the Truck! I liek the look of it with the 2.2/3 Beadlocks, as it looks aggressive with the meatier, scale looking tires. Also I think the driver add very much to the look. I always had a driver in my 1/10 & 1/12 road cars. There is so mcuh scale that is lacking in todays models.

As for the light bar, it's nice, but almost too nice. It will really hurt when it gets scraped up and beat up on the first flipover I guess thats why these are more suited to Rock Crawlers where you're moving slowly, rather than the speed bashing life a typical Slash lives

I may just relegate this body for show and paint up a few more basher bodies LOL!

RC Racer
    Looking good Viper,who make the driver/interior?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by RiderZ View Post
    Looking good Viper,who make the driver/interior?
    Thanks Rider! The interior is a Proline kit

http://prolineracing.com/bodies/pro-...clear-interior

I'm not done detailing it yet as it was still drying for the photos. I have some work to do to it yet.