RC Racer

Stampede JEEP Project!

Here are the initial pics of the Jeep-Pede (Jeepede) as i like to call it!
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Currently, the Jeepede is completely apart... getting cleaned, painted, etc. Waiting on decision of Brushless system as well. I really want to keep waterproof, but also want to experiment with different wheels and put it through some serious bashing; which means, stronger system needed!
    "Incoming rounds always have the right of way!"

RC Racer
    Get you some trenchers! Way better than mashers.

RC Racer
    As mentioned, Jeepede is apart. So, decided to try dyeing my chassis for once, and i really like the results. Also, in conjunction with the silver Jeep Body, decided to do some additional painting of parts. I like the black and silver. The silver color gives it a "brushed" aluminum look.

Here is my former Pede... Taking a Jump off the ramp. Second photo shows some serious air! That's a Florida privacy fence over 6ft high. This pede was jumping over me, and i'm 72" on the nail!

That will be jeep pretty soon I'll have photos of the build soon.

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    What sort of paint are you using? Brush on or spray paint? I've heard the Krylon plastic spray paint works well and is durable. Looks good!! Nice ramp, too.

FLM BL E-MAXX ~ BL E-4TEC Drifter ~ Pro-Trac Slash ~ SCX-10 ~ Wraith ~Custom 6WD Crawler~ 3 Losi micro scalers
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Enthusiast
    Looking good.

RC Racer
    The jeep body was sprayed with silver lexan paint I suppose by its previous owner. It's not perfect, but I wasn't shooting for perfection, as this is supposed to be a basher. While I had it torn down, I decided to dye the chassis and then got crazy with a silver permanent marker. Lol. All that silver is done with a silver perm marker. It's basically paint

I don't expect it to stand up to much abuse, but before I bash it, I'll give it a nice photo op. ha ha ha.

Joe

Thanks. I can't wait to see how it looks on the dark chassis.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 07-15-2013 at 10:42 PM. Reason: merge

RC Champion
    Looks good dude!!!
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Racer
    Thanks guys.

My ESC and motor arrived at Traxxas today, they tested everything an the ESC was bad, motor was fine. They've already processed it for return! Way to go Traxxas!!!! So I guess I can start building the jeepede back and when the electronics arrive, I'll install the sock system until I can buy a stronger system.

RC Racer
    Hey guys, need some help here. I was starting my rebuild of the Jeepede (Traxxas was wicked fast with the turn around on my electronics and have shipped them out today) So, went to check the diffs and noticed a bit of a "catch/bind" when spinning the drive axles. I have attached some videos for evidence of my find. I'm not too worried about the sound, as I expect there to be a bit of a "whine/humm" or however we describe it I was under the impression that it should spin somewhat effortlessly, and in the videos, you'll see how it has a bit of a catch. What is considered normal? Is there too little / too much black grease? Wouldn't think that the black grease would be much of an issue. I beleive it is the ring gear and diff pinion mesh that's binding up. I've got two new diff assemblies in package, but do not have new diff pinion gears, so i presume just putting new diffs in won't solve my issue; or maybe that's not the issue. http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/...psd0affb88.mp4

Video 2
    http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/...ps807c922e.mp4

By the way, I went ahead and put the driveline back together to see if it just needed to come all together, NOPE. The drive line was difficult to spin as there definitely was unneeded resistance and that was without wheels or any weight/pressure on the driveline.

I hope the issue is an easy fix. Thanks in advance for anyone's aid.
    Last edited by BASH N SLASH; 07-17-2013 at 10:12 PM.

Did you check to see if the differential bearings are still good? Also is that the stock grease or did you put that in there? Also check the bearing on the pinion gear. That could also be causing the noise.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Did you check to see if the differential bearings are still good? Also is that the stock grease or did you put that in there? Also check the bearing on the pinion gear. That could also be causing the noise.
    +1 I would do as he asked and hope that was all that's wrong.

RC Racer
    I haven't fully checked the bearings yet, only did a quick one over, spining them with the pink to feel for fought spots. I
    Will be breaking the entire diff and housing down for thorough inspection. its probably the smartest thing; though, this pede is practically new, so i dont see how the diffs would already be bad. I did some more research on these forums. Amazing how myself and many others have literally asked the same questions over and over. Ha ha. It could be the bearings and seals, who knows.

I added some additional grease, but just a tiny bit. I did that first, to see if that was the problem.

Joe

RC Racer
    Your Jeepede looks great man! I like the Traxxas lettering on the bottom in silver. I agree with disassembling the diff housing, because it doesn't sound smooth at all.

Yeah I would do a rebuild on the diffs and check wheel bearings as well just to be on the safe side and I love the look of your jeep dude......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Racer
    Here's the "semi-finished" JEEPEDE. I still
    Have stock electronics in it. Traxxas was mighty quick on the turn around of the replacement ESC.

RC Racer

RC Racer
    Lookin' good! Do you have anything else planned for it?

Dude very clean and love the colour match parts .........peace

RC Racer
    Thanks war and speenie. I actually do have something planned for it. I'd like to get the tekno driveshaft kit. Upgrade the shock to big bores with threads, knuckles, arms, etc. (suspension). And ultimately upgrade electronics. The issue is all of that costs some serious coin; and... I don't have that currency readily avail. Ha ha ha.

I am usually the guy who has to sell his one lone RC to fund the next. However, I have been extremely fortunate to have come across the deal that got me the pede, so I was able to keep my rally 1/10. For every upgrade I'd like to do to one, I find myself wanting to do the same for the other. I'm even considering turnin my rally into a street machine like one guy in the forums did utilizing a lot of XO-1 components.

All of this will take some time and money saving. So for now, stock untill something breaks.

Good man you know what you want and I have not got the coin because my kids are before my toys.One more thing which will set it off would be some rim's and rubber dude.......peace

RC Racer
    Yeah. I am in the same boat. Kids first. Though, when my boys are old enough to be responsible with these hobby grade RCs, I'm certain a little more attention can be applied. Mist of all of my work is done after they've all
    Gone to bed. Wifey included

Joe

Well make sure you keep us up to date on your awesome build dude......peace

Spencer

RC Racer
    will do bro! I have a video coming soon!

RC Racer
    Allright,

Finished rebuild of Jeepede and test and tune..... lol test and tune consisted of pairing the rcvr and radio, aligning wheels to track as straight as possible and um, bashing the heck out of it!

So here's a quick video of it. I havent seen any other jeep/stampedes out there. I know i'm not the first; but i truly hope i can get more people involved with jeepedes! Its the perfect frame for the jeep body and i personally think it looks great.

Me and my 10 year old daughter have just made a youtube account so stay tuned dude and I am looking forward to seeing your vid........peace

RC Racer
    vid is up and posted

RC Qualifier
    Great Video. Great start to your build.
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

RC Racer
    Thanks Ram.

Joe

Dude sick vid joe keep us posted......peace out

RC Racer
    Thanks Spennie, I had a blast driving the pede.

I hope to have my vid up in a week and tell me what think bro.....peace

Spencer

RC Racer
    Can't wait to see your vid Spence!

Joe

RC Racer
    Spennie. You get that video done yet?

By the way, I went ahead and upgraded the center drive shaft to the Tekno shaft. Honestly, can't really tell a difference, other than less slop/slide in the shaft. It does feel rather solid, and I've hit a tree at around 30, nothing broke or bent... Not sure if stock would have bent either though. However, I have bent a couple stock ones before, but an easy eBay transaction and I've got one in the mail or around 7$. The tekno shaft cost around 30, so not sure if I'd break or bend 5 stock ones over the course of time.

Aside from looks and possible added strength, I don't see any necessity in the upgrade. I will say that I'd like to get the chassis brace they make! Now that would certainly serve a great purpose.

I'm going to install these Robinson racing hardened pinions in the jeepede to see how they fare.

Let's see that video man!

Joe

Hi Joe we are half way in on the footage so in the next few days it should be done as long as it stops raining here dude hope you are all good.......peace

Spencer