Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Chandler View Post
    I just looked up a video, and it looked like the kid sanded the pipe and exhaust until it was Shiny, then he wiped off the residue. He put on some gel think to get the hidden rust off, and then after he wiped all of it off he just painted it on. Looks pretty simple to me!!
    Whenever my dad falls bad on his enduro and scratches up the muffler he hits it with the VHT header paint, looks real good.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Qualifier

2003 Honda CRF 230F Rebuild

Update!! I finally had time to run into town yesterday, and I stopped by the suspension place and they ordered me stiffer springs for my suspension. The guy said that the parts should be here by tomorrow, and that I can bring in my suspension on Friday for him to work on them and get them done. I am also going to try and stop by the store to get some VHT Paint for my Pipe and Exhaust.

Also, they guy who I got the tires from for my Enduro-X Course, he said he has a 450cc that I can ride while I am fixing my bike. I think I am going to go try to see if he will let me take it to m grandparents house so I can go shred up through the cut wheat fields. Maybe I will try beat my personal record of jumping 41 FT off a bump up in the field.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Racer
    41 feet thats way to far for me
    Blue 1/16 summit vxl crawler

RC Qualifier
    The way the jump is naturally built into the ground, you only actually leave the ground like 3 ft. If you hit the jump fast enough, like 50 MPH, you jump off the ground only a little bit, but fly so far before you hit the ground cause the ground is sloped. Pretty Sweet!!
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Racer
    oh thats different than if it was like 10ft up in the air
    Blue 1/16 summit vxl crawler

RC Qualifier
    There is a 75 Foot Table Top Jump at my friends house, but I don't think I have the guts to try it. All I can see at the other end is a Hospital Bill. Hahaha

Anyways, I have some great news. I found out the KTM 450 XC-W I want can in fact be street legal, so I am thinking if I should still make this one street legal. I think I might, cause then when I get the KTM next year, I have a bike also that my dad could ride with me. I am getting in a big shipment on Tuesday of parts as well!! New plastics, shift lever, 428 Chain Conversion Kit, Grip Glue, and an Air Filter are the parts I think. The next order will be a skid plate and a new seat cover, and then the order after that will be in April, which will be the street legal kit, passenger foot pegs, and a speedometer. I am going to be looking at my Honda's Dirt Bike Title tomorrow morning, and I was wondering, do any of you know what kind of mark or writing the title will have that says it can be made street legal?
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Racer
    Don't know about your state but here in Ohio they just originally come with a bill or origin, you then go get a title using that and just get a motorcycle title. That's how it was explained to me today... I just traded some stuff and got an 07 Honda CRF450R... Has the Baja design street legal kit on it. Used title went and got plates all good to go! and I must say... Never had a dirtbike before this one and... WOW its awesome! Had a 07 TRX450R quad and built it up and thought it was fast... No that was quick this dirtbike is just retarded fast... And I LOVE IT!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Sweet bike!! Yeah, I have actually decided to wait and not make the CRF 230F street legal. In doing that I will have a little more saved up for the bigger KTM 450 I want to get.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Chandler View Post
    Sweet bike!! Yeah, I have actually decided to wait and not make the CRF 230F street legal. In doing that I will have a little more saved up for the bigger KTM 450 I want to get.
    XC-F or XC-W?
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Qualifier
    XC-W. I been doing a lot of research, and I found out that it can not be made street legal here in Oregon. Something about the bike not being EPA Certified.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit