RC poster

Reality of brushless revo

Hey im looking to buy a new brushless revo but before i drop nearly $1000 all together i wanted some realistic input. How fast is the revo in reality for normal driving stock gearing. How long of runtimes. Can it comfortably handle 6s power for a long time or is it better to run 3s in parallel. I know run time depends on my mah but how big of a battery can it really hold? Thanks

RC Qualifier
    The erevo is plenty fast! Whether you're running 3,4,5 or 6S it won't disappoint you in regards to speed. On stock gearing it probably isn't at it's best and many will tell you to consider something like 18 or 20 / 54.
    As for batteries - it will hold 2x8200mah lipos from SPC. These are 2S and will give you a run time of well over an hour (obviously how you drive will change this as well).
    Can it run on 6S - NO, not without breaking something every run!

Bash it like someone else has to fix it!

Reality of brushless revo

1.) Stock installed gearing on 4S will struggle to reach 40mph. On 6S it'll go faster than you will normally be able offroad.
    2.) Largest 2S packs are rated at 9000mAH. Largest 3S packs would be between 5000 and 600AH.
    3.) Most people do not have the throttle finger discipline to run 6S every time all the time without breaking something.

@ErbeSumm: I don't usually run 6S but when I have NOTHING has ever broken.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 07-15-2013 at 08:23 AM.
    Alt-241 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Go for it Jim, Ive had my ERevo for a few weeks now and love this RC. I had 10 other Traxxas trucks in the past and this is the best one imo. Im running 18T/54T on 6s power and never broke a thing ( Ive got CVD's). You wont regret the purchase of this RC. My only problem to complain about is trying to find tires to hold up to the speed of 6s. I usually buy pre-mount, but might have to look into taping them as they wobble like crazy at WOT.
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

RC poster
    Ok thanks guys. Thats some good info.

RC Champion
    I ran both of mine on 4s using 17/38 and 18/40 mod1 hardened steel gearing.
    No issues at all with both trucks. Ran 6s one night just to see how fast it would go with the tekin rx8/t8 2000kv combo and it did 59mph. Really fast for a large truck. Flipped and tumbled at that speed on the first pass and didn't break.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Enthusiast
    Tougher than you think mate but as with ANYTHING the more power you put through it the quicker things will wear. 4s is plenty power for your average basher and the truck will hold up nicely. Some people seem to be liking 5s at the moment.
    Erevo with xerun brushless system

RC poster
    Does the motor overheat on 6s like it does in the vxl system with 3s.

RC Champion

I couldn't resist.

RC Qualifier
    I haven't broken anything else than a driveshaft either on 6S, its all in the throttle control.

Quote Originally Posted by BL-Bob View Post
    I couldn't resist.
    Getting tiresome. Keep the day job.
    Alt-241 on the number pad =

RC Enthusiast
    The Revo Is Actually A Strong RC. Ive Had Mine For About 2 Months Now. I Run 18/54 Or 20/54 Just Depends If Its 106F Outside. I Just Got The Proline SHOCKWAVE Tires. I Taped Them With 2 Layers. They Don't Even Want To Try and Balloon. Only Thing I Can Say To Do Is, Shim The Diffs and Get Steel CVD'S. Ive Been Through 4 Diffs And About 6 Drive Shafts In The 2 Months, Only Running 4S. I Would Buy Another. I Have 2X- 2 Cell Duratrax Onyx 8000 MAH And I Get About 50 Min Of Good Bashing.