RC Qualifier

Rebuild Questions

Just a question, can you use shock fluid in your diffs? I have 80wt shock fluid on hand but no diff fluid and am wondering if they serve the same purpose and will work or if they're completely different? Thanks
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Racer
    As far as I know. yes, because they're essentially the same stuff just of a different consistency. I don't think it would hurt anything using it until you can get some thicker diff lube or some grease.
    crawl-bash-swim. The Summit does it all.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Sectsy Stampede View Post
    As far as I know. yes, because they're essentially the same stuff just of a different consistency. I don't think it would hurt anything using it until you can get some thicker diff lube or some grease.
    I wonder what K 80wt shock fluid would be the same as.. Summit is 100K stock right?

RC Qualifier
    80wt is as I understand is straight 80 and 100k is 100,000 the shock oil may provide some lubricant but thicker oil is better for complete lube and maybe if you go real heavy on the oil a limited slip diff like 500k+
    "Duct tape and superglue are my spareparts"

RC Qualifier
    I'd use grease over shock oil.

RC Qualifier
    Those are very, very different viscosities you are talking about. Like stated above, one is 80wt the other one is 100,000wt. They are so far from each other, they are not even on the same chart!
    Going with grease over shock oil is sane advise. The thickest grease you can find, the better.
    Working hard to appear reasonably sane.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Switchblade View Post
    Those are very, very different viscosities you are talking about. Like stated above, one is 80wt the other one is 100,000wt. They are so far from each other, they are not even on the same chart!
    Going with grease over shock oil is sane advise. The thickest grease you can find, the better.
    I did some research and found that out, will try and get some diff fluid when I can and get my chariot back together!