RC Competitor

help me choose between dr1 and qr1

hey guys i am new to these helicopters, i have the merv and p4de but know nothing about the helicopters. its my brothers birthday and im thinking about buying him one of these. my question for you guys is which one is easier to fly ? hes 10 and i want something that he will be able to fly. i was leaning towards the qr1 because it looks easier. please let me know what you guys think. thanks again!

RC Competitor
    I don't have both but the quad is really pretty easy to get comfortable with compared to all the other tail rotor copters I've used.

I have owned a couple of coaxial copters like the DR-1 but not the DR-1 itself. They are a good way to learn to fly but once you get to the point you are comfortable with basic menuvering you tend to get bored with them because they lack perforance.

The QR-1 is easy to fly but performs good too so once you get to where you are comfortable flying it which is easy to do you can start doing flips and barrel rolls and stuff to keep it interesting.

IMO unless you just want the look of a heli the QR-1 is the better choice because it simply can do more and is easier to keep operational since there3 are no linkages to get messed up.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    I have owned a couple of coaxial copters like the DR-1 but not the DR-1 itself. They are a good way to learn to fly but once you get to the point you are comfortable with basic menuvering you tend to get bored with them because they lack perforance.

The QR-1 is easy to fly but performs good too so once you get to where you are comfortable flying it which is easy to do you can start doing flips and barrel rolls and stuff to keep it interesting.

IMO unless you just want the look of a heli the QR-1 is the better choice because it simply can do more and is easier to keep operational since there3 are no linkages to get messed up.
    thanks for the help, i bought him the qr1. i might have to buy one for myself lol