RC Qualifier

Bad trip away for my summit

So I went for a trip away with my family and took my summit along , where we went the bashing is awesome but on the first day I blew the front diff and had to run my summit in RWD and it was great . But then about half way through a pack I completely lost brake and reverse. I've tried re-calibrating it but there's still no difference, it also decided that both forward and reverse throttle positions are now 100% forward power does anyone have any ideas? Please don't suggest sending it to Traxxas as I live in Australia and it would be cheaper to buy a new ESC than post it there and back plus all the waiting and down time for my summit
    Cheers, Robbo.
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC poster
    That's crazy. I have no suggestions, but good luck man. Sounds like it's time for a new esc.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatoolio View Post
    That's crazy. I have no suggestions, but good luck man. Sounds like it's time for a new esc.
    I'm thinking a Mamba Monster 2, still keep my EVX-2 for a spare because it still works.. Just not as I would like it to

RC Qualifier
    Update after this afternoon:
    I pulled my Summit down completely except for the electronics that are still on the chassis. I pulled apart the front diff to find that both the bearings on the input shaft failed and was flopping all over the place. Anyway I pulled both diffs apart to make sure things were okay and everything was except for the rubber gasket on my front diff had broke into two pieces so I'll need a new one of those. I don't have any diff fluid but I have 80wt shock fluid, do they serve the same purpose or are they completely different? Also is it normal for the diff fluid to turn into a brown sludge? I have the diff gears soaking in petrol and my dad is going to get me some new bearings tomorrow I'm a bit annoyed about having to post from the US for one rubber gasket and the Australian dollar is down to 0.91 cents would you believe my LHS (the largest one in Australia) doesn't stock any Traxxas parts?! Sorry for the lecture guys

RC Racer
    Try Model sports at Kotara. He stocks a few parts for Traxxas or RC hobbies in Sydney. My mates Summit had the same issue & it was to do with the throttle trim not being centered whilst doing the re-calibration (it had me scratching my head for a while).

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Bug777 View Post
    Try Model sports at Kotara. He stocks a few parts for Traxxas or RC hobbies in Sydney. My mates Summit had the same issue & it was to do with the throttle trim not being centered whilst doing the re-calibration (it had me scratching my head for a while).
    Okay I will try them and I'll have to have another look because I just lost brake and reverse out of nowhere, then calibrated a few times with no difference then all of a sudden about 15 minutes into a pack I get forward power in both positions

RC Racer
    How did you go at Kotara?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Bug777 View Post
    How did you go at Kotara?
    I haven't spoken with them yet I will try to during the week. Things will get busy with school going back tomorrow not looking forward to it.. Hopefully Kotara has what I need

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelRobbo View Post
    Update after this afternoon:
    I pulled my Summit down completely except for the electronics that are still on the chassis. I pulled apart the front diff to find that both the bearings on the input shaft failed and was flopping all over the place. Anyway I pulled both diffs apart to make sure things were okay and everything was except for the rubber gasket on my front diff had broke into two pieces so I'll need a new one of those. I don't have any diff fluid but I have 80wt shock fluid, do they serve the same purpose or are they completely different? Also is it normal for the diff fluid to turn into a brown sludge? I have the diff gears soaking in petrol and my dad is going to get me some new bearings tomorrow I'm a bit annoyed about having to post from the US for one rubber gasket and the Australian dollar is down to 0.91 cents would you believe my LHS (the largest one in Australia) doesn't stock any Traxxas parts?! Sorry for the lecture guys
    I wouldn't use that shock fluid fluid in the diffs ... I don't think it will be thick enough for the diffs ... That's just my opinion, so someone that has tried could chime in
    MM2 E Revo -- Dewalt/MM Summit

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by buduck04 View Post
    I wouldn't use that shock fluid fluid in the diffs ... I don't think it will be thick enough for the diffs ... That's just my opinion, so someone that has tried could chime in
    Yeah I looked around and found out that 100K diff fluid is 100,000wt as opposed to shock fluid being 80wt.. Might be a bit thin!