RC Qualifier

Low Voltage Question

I have a 2s lipos and never run them below 6.8 volts. I usually charge them when I am done running. I don't remember how I left this battery but it has sat for about 10 days. I checked the voltage and it was 5.7. When I put it on the charger it jumped pretty fast (within 5 minutes to 6.4 or so.

Any thoughts on what could have happened?

First I would bump up the LVC to 3.4v per cell, 3.2 is a little to low. Next you should not leave a lipo fully charged for more than a day (jmo). Storage Volts 3.85 per cell. The Why idk, did it charge up & balance out??
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    According to the first post, he does have the LVC set to 3.4v/cell... and not 3.2.

I agree 100% with not fully charging them and leaving them charged for extended periods of time and charging/discharging to storage voltage when not in use.

While 2.85v/cell (assuming the cells were balanced) is quite low, the cells should be fine as long as they took a charge. I would keep a very close eye on them though... they were put through a lot of stress during this process.

Voltage climbs quickly during the first stages of charging.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks. It seemed to charge fine and balanced. I drove the truck for about 20 minutes last night it performed normally. Fingers crossed.