RC Racer

Flashing red on ESC

Ok I just bought this revo and tested it out with no problems. We were running lipo. Was running fine and ran it when I got home and it just stopped with flashing red light ***

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like the low voltage protection kicked in if it was a slow flashing red light. Charge battery and try again. FYI if it flashes red fast it's the overheating protection.

RC Racer
    It's flashing red fast then when I turn my remote off it turns green this is with a charged lipo

RC Enthusiast
    Fast Flashing red is thermal protection

RC Enthusiast
    Oops didnt pay attention to second post. sorry

RC Racer
    This car is so weird so I was able to cycle threw all the settings. The car should now be in sport mode. But to do this I had to turn my remote off and when the remote is off is the only time I get any lights on the ESC then when I turn the remote on the light on the ESC turns off and if you look really well you can see a slight very hard to see fast flashing red light and then I can't do anything from that point???????

RC Qualifier
    Old batteries in the radio?

Open your receiver box also and see what your receiver is telling you.

RC Racer
    New bats in the radio tryed charged lipo and nickle. What should I look for on the receiver

RC Qualifier
    Flashing lights. Only one I remember off the top of my head is red/green flashing means bad servo or trim issues.

RC Racer
    I'm getting frustrated with this. No clue what's going on fresh baterries all around but still nothing. Ill turn on the ESC after I turn the remote on and all I get is a very small flashing red light going to be contacting traxxas support Monday

RC Qualifier
    Can you take a video of what it's doing and post it up?

RC Racer
    Um I don't know I can try. I can't even figure out the right way to post pictures

RC Racer
    Ok so I had some time to tinker with the car today. Opened the receiver box and unplugged the steering servo. I pushed and pulled the throttle and nothing happened but when I turn the steering on the remote the tiers will spin, not fast but will rotate. Any ideas.. Thanks

RC Qualifier
    You have the channels reversed.

Steering servo goes into Ch1 (there are two channel 1 spots, because it can handle dual servos, that is how I remember )

ESC goes into ch 2