Thread: Body clip mod

RC Racer

Body clip mod

Is there an aftermarket item that keeps body pins from falling off. Or a mod that you guys know of. I thought about using hot glue to glue a tether onto the body and the other end of the tether attached to the body clip.

RC Qualifier
    my lhs sells a kit that includes rubber tethers that poke through holes drilled in between the body post holes. If a clip comes loose the tether keeps it from getting lost.
    Revo OS 21 TM
    EMBE 6s
    ERBE 6s
    Summit 4s

RC Qualifier
    +1^… I use this along with 3mm screws, washers, and nuts to sandwich the rubber and the lexan for a no fail clip retainer. Just poke a small hole in the clip retainer and install it like normal, then run 3mm screw through the center with washers on each side. A nut on the bottom side will sandwich it all together. Or another thing I've done which makes it more time consuming to remove the shell is cut the tops of the body posts off, drill them out and thread them to a 4mm screw. The ones for the stampede electric motor mounts worked best for me.
    The best thing about Groundhog Day??? Bill Murray.

RC Qualifier
    hot glue a magnet to the underside of your body. The clips will stick to that. It works for us.

RC Racer

I make these for all my cars, they never fall out. The back one is bent like a U and goes through the holes. I just buy aluminium wire. I also use it for wheel pins.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

RC Enthusiast
    Just get bigger thicker clips and drill the holes so that the clips are real tight.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAirsRC View Post
    Just get bigger thicker clips and drill the holes so that the clips are real tight.
    That will not work and it will weaken the body posts.
    Just try the clip retainers.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by upbasher View Post
    That will not work and it will weaken the body posts.
    Just try the clip retainers.

Well all three of my revos have been like this for a couple of years and i never lose a clip even during the extremest sessions, just for clarity i am not talking about coat hanger sized clips, just slightly bigger, and don't say it won't work as it will, it does and many members in here do this mod for this very reason.

It also does not cause any issues with the posts.

RC Qualifier
    You want these I use them on the RC's I run the most.
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXFPV9&P=FR
    Drive it, Break it, Upgrade it

RC Enthusiast
    I just connect the 2 with a good rubber band and once you see that they are getting bent or losing they're shape or grip on the post. Bend them back to they're original shape. I don't recall ever losing a clip while using rubber bands
    *REVO33
    *EREVOVXL
    *SLASH4X4
    *STAMPEDE
    *JATO33