RC Competitor

NiMH on Castle Sidewinder SCT Combo?

Just got my Castle Sidewinder SCT combo, but my 2s lipo battery is still in the mail, may take another week to get here. Is it safe to use a 7-cell NiMH battery to power the beast or will that potentially damage something? Lemme kno bros
    _ _
    Law #29: Plan all the way to the end.

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    It depends on the battery. The ESC can handle the voltage being put out, but can your battery handle the amp draw of the speed control? It has to be a good pack or it will get cooked.

FLM BL E-MAXX ~ BL E-4TEC Drifter ~ Pro-Trac Slash ~ SCX-10 ~ Wraith ~Custom 6WD Crawler~ 3 Losi micro scalers
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Competitor
    It's the stock Traxxas 7-cell that came with the XL-5... I really don't care if it gets cooked, I mean obviously I'd rather it didn't for safety purposes and investment protection, but I know I won't be able to not drive the car now that it's brushless...too anxious!!!.... Will the performance suffer alot or? Should I not even mess with it and just wait?( battery coming from overseas, *******, cheap but I want to try it out but might take a lil while to get here, too long for me to wait!)
    _ _
    Law #29: Plan all the way to the end.