RC Enthusiast

Just got a Summit, need help!!

Hi, I just bought a summit used on ebay, it's limited kawasaki model, everything seems like stock. It's slow as I expected if compare to my erevo MMM However my questions is about T-locks and gear ratio... those things are all new to me cause my erevo doesn't have them How to check to make sure them works? I can see the servos changing when I turn t-lock switch but didn't feel any difference when driving.
    And the gear ratio, shift switch push down means high range gear ratio right? But when I push down the truck run slow and kind of noisy? it's run normal when I push up
    Thanks

RC Champion
    Shift your lock servos in put it out in a low traction area hold the bumper and see if all tires spin or u can just flip it on the roof and do the same thing

In low range the motor does seem to be quite a bit noisy compared to hi range. Someone may have turned the hi/lo switch around using servo reversing.

RC Qualifier
    When your diffs are locked both front/rear wheels will spin together even when you hold one. Equal traction to both sides.
    Unlocked diffs and you can hold one wheel while the other one spins (like your ERevo).
    Only switch from hi/low or low/hi and from locked/unlocked,etc. when completely stopped. And don't run you Summit at high speeds with your diffs locked. They don't like it.
    Truck can be noisy in low gear.
    Hope you enjoy your Summit, they are awesome!
    Working hard to appear reasonably sane.

RC Champion
    Make sure the shift rod for high low is fully engaging. If it is partially engaged, the tabs on the gears don't engage and will make a loud ticking sound and will eventually wear out.

You should notice that the turning radius increases a lot when the front diff is locked.
    To check it, hold the front wheels up and turn one wheel with diff unlocked, the other front wheel should turn the opposite way.
    When locked, it should take a lot of force to turn the front wheel since it is now locked and turning the wheel will turn the motor. Do the same to check the rear.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Enthusiast
    thanks all, seem like all the switches works fine.
    Now I just noticed that my summit steering doesn't works very well? It need a big turn to turn the truck around, it has 2x2075 same with my erevo. is this normal for a summit?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunky_Kong View Post
    thanks all, seem like all the switches works fine.
    Now I just noticed that my summit steering doesn't works very well? It need a big turn to turn the truck around, it has 2x2075 same with my erevo. is this normal for a summit?
    Yes. A lot of us have opted to replace the two stockers with one high torque servo. Hitec or savox and over 400 oz torque at 6v will do nicely.

RC Champion
    on page 31 of your manual make sure you do not have the steering sensitivity turned way down