RC Qualifier

Angry Need all the help I can get. Bearings blowing agian.

I have now went through 8 sets of bearings on my clutch bell. I have replaced the spur gear, slipper clutch assembly, clutch bell, shims and the clutch shoes/spring. I am at a total loss right now, no matter what I do the bearings blow. The chassis is straight and I don't strip spur gears at all. The only thing I could possibly think of would be the crank being bent. Is this common? Also is there anything else that could be causing the bearings to blow? I am out of options. I've now spent 90 dollars on the stupid clutch problem and I'm getting to my end. Before I replaced the clutch bell, shoes, slipper, ect. I was blowing bearings in less than 5 min. This was the first time I blew a cb bearing after all the replacement parts. I went through a quarter gallon max.

In this picture the bearing that is still in contact, but is slightly pushed up.
    Last edited by Double G; 07-11-2013 at 09:12 AM. Reason: merge

A bent crank is highly unlikely and at that RPM would shake quite a bit; however, if you feel it could be then you could pick one up for cheap from a chop shop.
    The only thing I can think of is the mesh is too tight.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    I will put another spur gear in it today and readjust the mesh, because the spur gear is missing half a tooth in like 3 places so it's a bit rough.

RC Competitor
    Gotta be too tight. Its supposed tp have play but not be loose. Roll the truck once u mesh it. If it rolls freely. Its right. If it has a lil bind. Its not. U can try using the lil peiece of paper trick. Cut a lil strip of paper about a quarter inch wide, 5 inches long. Stick thia betweem ur cb and spur. Push them togeter. Not real hard though. Then tighten it down. Pull it out. Amd u should be ready

RC Qualifier
    Mesh is fine. I bought a new trans output shaft. I ran all day today and I didn't blow a bearing amazingly... I didn't adjust the mesh it was already perfect. I did manage to shear my header off though...

I can tell you if you use cheap bearings, they won't hold up well. Ever since using Avid Bearings (Revolusions series) My CB bearing have been dependable in all of my RC's.

If your flywheel is not seated properly onto the collet it can cause an issue, no harm in pulling it and reseating it if your issue pops up again.

Another popular way to eat up a CB bearing,,, mesh too tight. Usually having a whirring sound to it when it is...

Clutch slippage will also cause excessive heat, another bearing killer but not that common.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Qualifier
    I use the traxxas bearings, I reseated the flywheel as one of the first solutions and the gear mesh is perfect. The new bearings didn't blow after I replaced the transmission output shaft so it had to of been tweaked putting pressure on the bearings.
    Thanks for the help guys.

RC Qualifier
    I found out today after blowing another set of bearings that me front engine bearing is worn out causing the shaft to move slightly. Thank god this pain is over.
    Thanks for all the help guys.
    Last edited by Double G; 07-20-2013 at 09:02 AM.