Thread: E revo lipo

RC Enthusiast

E revo lipo

Getting Lipo batterys next week, wondering what i will need? I am running the single titan 775 with the evx2. Can i run 6s? Best brand? Can i Use the ez peak chargers? Or the prophet Sport? Thanks

RC Enthusiast
    Evx2 with low voltage cuttoff not one of the earlier ones without it. No to 6s lipo you will regret it get two 2s lipos with reasonable punch.

If you charger does not say it charges lipo then it probably doesnt. Get a lipo charger there pretty cheap now
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 07-10-2013 at 10:50 AM. Reason: content

RC Enthusiast
    yea mine does not have lvc, so which do you recommend for cheap?

RC Enthusiast
    and which charger do you recommend for cheap? Also! do you recomend i buy lipos first or brushless system?

RC Enthusiast
    Anything like this

http://bit.ly/10Nj5Xs

Get lipos first maybe then use the titan till it gets tired then sell the evx2 and buy a brushless system
    Last edited by Sithercguy; 07-10-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithercguy View Post
    Anything like this

http://bit.ly/10Nj5Xs

Get lipos first maybe then use the titan till it gets tired then sell the evx2 and buy a brushless system
    4.5A charge rate and 45W maximum power handling? Rubbish.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Enthusiast
    For someone new to lipos it is plenty so not rubbish at all
    Erevo with xerun brushless system

I see you're a big fan of "cheap as possible." The fact is that this policy never gives the best value. You don't have to spend a lot more to get a QUALITY 10A/250W charger instead of a no-name battery cooker.

RC Enthusiast
    No im not a cheap as possible kinda guy but theres nothing wrong with showing people the cheapest step on the ladder that wont scare off the newbie with the tightest budget but also something that can adequetly take care of your cells lipo cooker i think not.

No im not a cheap as possible kinda guy but theres nothing wrong with showing people the cheapest step on the ladder that wont scare off the newbie with the tightest budget but also something that can adequetly take care of your cells lipo cooker i think not.
    Fine. Please list the calibration specs. Please give ANY evidence that you know that charger can adequately take care of your cells.

IMO the cheap lipos and chargers are the best way to scare a new user away from lipos. Make their first experience with lipo a bad one and they wont trust them again. I learned the hard and expensive way with chargers, you get what you pay for and I have a shelf full of inexpensive chargers I bought trying to save a buck that failed me or my batteries for various reasons. I agree you dont need the most expensive charger out there but do yourself a favor and buy the best QUALITY charger you can afford.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Enthusiast
    Tell you what lets tell this reputable company who know a sight more than you to take there dangerous product off the shelves and we tell newbies to invest heavy or we all come round to yours to use your charger you alone could save all of the worlds entry level lipo battery and charger problems.

No need to get so techie at the entry side of lipo and lipo charger application. I know enough to be able to trust what to purchase and what not to. Quite quick to be critical of my advice which is perfectly sound but have not yet given your own advice. How about disagreeing in silence and trying to help this guy out instead.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 07-10-2013 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Language

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    IMO the cheap lipos and chargers are the best way to scare a new user away from lipos. Make their first experience with lipo a bad one and they wont trust them again. I learned the hard and expensive way with chargers, you get what you pay for and I have a shelf full of inexpensive chargers I bought trying to save a buck that failed me or my batteries for various reasons. I agree you dont need the most expensive charger out there but do yourself a favor and buy the best QUALITY charger you can afford.

The charger i recommended is not a crappy charger/brand just so you know where i stand i understand that im not going to recommend someone a losi lipo wall charger or something

The charger i recommended is not a crappy charger/brand just so you know where i stand i understand that im not going to recommend someone a losi lipo wall charger or something
    We are all entitled to our opinions and on this we will just have to agree to disagree.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Enthusiast
    well then, lol thanks for the help guys, sorry for the trouble!

RC Enthusiast
    Agreed. Due to the nature of the hobby some people spend loads and have a horrible time with it and at the same time some people go too cheap and pay the consequences but theres alwaysgood at either end of the spectrum if you know what to buy.

Anyway good luck with whatever you purchase mate

Have fun