RC poster

factory fast screw setting. Need expert help.

I just traded an electric for a REVO 2.5. I know little about nitro and need to know how many turns out the main fuel screw is for near optimal running. I've been able to get it to start but seem to flood it out or something because it just dies and wont restart for a day. Any help please!

Go to the Support button above and download the manual. Stock settings are 4 HSN, 1.75 LSN and 0.7-1.0mm idle gap opening. You'll need to tune from there as two engines side by side may have different settings for the best tune and it differs due to elevation, temperature and humidity.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Go to the Support button above and download the manual. Stock settings are 4 HSN, 1.75 LSN and 0.7-1.0mm idle gap opening. You'll need to tune from there as two engines side by side may have different settings for the best tune and it differs due to elevation, temperature and humidity.
    Dies and won't restart for a day? That is not right at all. Sounds like you may have a low glow plug ignitor. make sure its fully charged. If it is just flooding out easily every time. Try leaning the low speed needle a little bit
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

Quote Originally Posted by upbasher View Post
    Dies and won't restart for a day? That is not right at all. Sounds like you may have a low glow plug ignitor. make sure its fully charged. If it is just flooding out easily every time. Try leaning the low speed needle a little bit
    Factory settings normally have the Low Speed Needle set a bit on the lean side for break in purposes....

To set the LSN you need to at least get it running then do the pinch test on the LSN to get it in the ball park...

+1 go back to factory settings and start from there.. Remember never tune with more than 1/2 a tank of fuel...

Here's some reading for the O.P. This usually helps many people.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ul-Tuning-tips.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous