Thread: Bearings

RC Champion

Bearings

Anyone know the abec coding for bearings? I found the below with a abec-7 and from what I understand from a quick search the higher the number the better the bearing? Also from what I read traxxas bearings are a rating of 1. These are to hopefully replace my inner hub bearing. Since my lhs says their supplier cannot get ceramic's
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/12x18-x4-Oran...48458fc&_uhb=1
    Last edited by Crock; 07-09-2013 at 11:30 PM.

RC Racer
    Those are the right kind. Ceramic ABEC 7's with rubber shields is what you want. Anything above ABEC 7 is a gimmick.
    Brushless 19/62 SPC 8.2 It's not a Tekin or a MM

RC Champion
    thats what i thought. thanks.. guess ill order them up

RC Champion
    ordered a set up. Cannot be any worse than the ones i got from the lhs that had far to much play in them for almost the same price as these. Not sure if my lhs is playing me for a fool or their suppler is playing them for a fool stating that they do not deal in ceramic's.. o well money out of their pocket

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    ordered a set up. Cannot be any worse than the ones i got from the lhs that had far to much play in them for almost the same price as these. Not sure if my lhs is playing me for a fool or their suppler is playing them for a fool stating that they do not deal in ceramic's.. o well money out of their pocket
    Post back and let us know how they work. I just replaced all mine with the stock bearings but these Mudslingers will tear them up i'm sure. Will need a line on some good ones if these work out.

RC Champion
    Yep will do. I'm running into the same issue with the slingers chewing up the inner bearing. Of course I think the lhs pulled a fast one on me last time when I told them I did not want traxxas bearings the ones that came in were identical to traxxas in every way including the play between the inner and outer ring. I'm hoping these with a abec rating of 7 is a honest rating and not just a made up number

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    Yep will do. I'm running into the same issue with the slingers chewing up the inner bearing. Of course I think the lhs pulled a fast one on me last time when I told them I did not want traxxas bearings the ones that came in were identical to traxxas in every way including the play between the inner and outer ring. I'm hoping these with a abec rating of 7 is a honest rating and not just a made up number
    I got my traxxas bearings from Dollar hobbies and then I ordered the full knuckles with the bearings, boots, ball screws and dust caps. I went ahead and installed new drive shafts, and the HPP hubs so I had a fresh start. I did check the bearings and I did not have the kind of movement between the rings you are talking about. Hopefully the new ones will solve the issue.

I used boca sealed ceramics for wheel bearings and inner and outer pinion bearings.not cheap but work well.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Champion
    wow now i see where the saying " on a slow boat from china" comes from. The tracking info on my bearings states they are waiting for space in the china airport for the last week..

RC Racer
    Hahahaha Yeah, I think we've all been there. The hardest part of working on a Summit, is waiting for the dang parts
    When i buy parts on Ebay, I always look for an auction that is shipping inside my country. Do you live in USA?
    Brushless 19/62 SPC 8.2 It's not a Tekin or a MM

RC Champion
    no canada so i always look for parts overseas that way i get no surprises when they cross the border..hehe

RC Champion
    Just got the bearings. Man are these things smooth and next to no play if any between the inner and outer of the bearing. They turn way smoother than the stock or last replacements I ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    Nice - report how they hold.

RC Champion
    Ya hoping to get them in tomorrow

RC Champion
    These definitely took out some slop. Only movement I have left is the axle shaft walking in and out a bit. Ill fix this next time I go to the lhs and get some shims to take up the slack between the hub and bearing.