RC Competitor

Talking Blew the wheel off!!!

I just got done installing my Castle Sidewinder SCT & 1410 3800kv brushless system in my Rustler and took it outside and WOOWWW!!!! I'm so happy with my purchase and my car...started as an XL-5 and now..I'm just so proud of it lol... The fun and amazement lasted about 8 minutes and then one of my rear wheels fell off because of the torque (I'm guessing) and I lost the nut that was holding it on.. has this happened to anyone else??? Should I use loctite? And I'm still running stock 7-cell NiMH battery and stock gearing too!! Should have my 2s 40c 5800mah lipo next week and I can't wait to see what this thing will really be capable of....wow..now I can sleep somewhat peacefully .... loving brushless already!!!

Side note: I was a little worried that the TQ 27mhz AM transmitter wouldn't work properly becuz of the brushless set-up (many cases reported of this, have Flysky on order) but I did not experience any issues thus far which is good
    _ _
    Law #29: Plan all the way to the end.

RC Qualifier
    My stampede vxl is 27mhz and never had an issue so its still 27mhz lol dont fix it if it aint broken
    Let's Go Steelers!!!... KCCO

RC Competitor
    Yeah pretty much... had I known for sure it would be ok I prolly wouldn't have ordered the Flysky...but for $40 I don't regret it... I just wasn't trying to be all excited about the new set-up and then it didn't work so I figured I'd get it asap just in case....plus i've heard nothing but good things about the GT3B and I know it's better than AM... but I'm still glad my old one works too!!!
    _ _

RC Competitor
    40 mins later and im still grinning....I can't wait til tomorrow.... my inner child is tearing up with joy lol... hey you only live once right.... gotta have fun man
    _ _

RC Competitor
    I just hope my LHS has the wheel nuts in stock...they should or they are pitiful...but really tho...does anyone use loctite? Is that normal? Or maybe theres the slight chance I was so eager to get it rippin I didn't fully tighten the nut??? IDK
    _ _

RC Qualifier
    I've never needed Loctite on my wheel nuts. They are nylon lock nuts so they shouldn't back off. You should be able to see the little bit of plastic in the end of the nut that helps keep the nut on. I'd bet you didn't tighten it enough.

RC Competitor
    lol yeah that's what I think...I haven't really heard of anyone's wheel falling becuz the nut came loose...especially on nickel...still sounds cool tho like yooo i blew the wheels off this joint! lol
    _ _

RC Competitor
    I've lost a few wheel nuts on my Bandit with the same Castle system and motor. I've found that after taking the wheels on and off that the nylon no longer locks, you'll notice that the nuts are easier to put on and take off. I now replace them when they get like this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

RC Competitor
    Yeah..just picked up a pack of 8 from Pep Boys....$3....JIC
    _ _