RC poster

Bought a KB needing some Help plz

I just got a vxl brushless ken block ed,second hand used @3 -4 times for $200 as new with 1 stock NiMH batt & wall charger,so I down loaded manual it says for high speed use the optional pinion supplied,i did not get this nor can I find anyware what size this is suppose to be?????and what about the spur gear???? I have bought a second NiMH battery and series connector............is there a pinion and spur gear size combo someone Knows that will give a balance good topspeed & bottom end?? I will be using on flat track long straights and medium to short corners and general bashing..............2nd would a lipo be better than the 2 NiMH that is suggested to use on manual, I saw that the esc can handel 11.somthing volts but the 2x NiMH woulnt that bring voltage to 14volts hows that work .thanks awaiting reply.

RC Champion
    The esc will get hot fast with the 2 nimh in series.
    I'd run a Lipo.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC poster
    ok thanks dcfox im gong to cooling fans perhaps a twin fan set up 1 for esc 1 for motor if avaliable .....what about the gearing question

RC Champion
    Just get the heat sink for the motor...not the fan.
    As for gearing...I'd try about a 28t pinion and 45t or 50t spur. Spur gears are cheap...I'd grab both and play with it.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker