Thread: Blow out

RC Competitor

Blow out

Out bashing the other day and my tire exploded. just thought i would share this with everyone.

OOOoo ripped a Badland, tape'm next time........

post 30 & 130

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post4908845
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Champion
    My son-in-law did that same thing to one of his tires.... he now believes me when I say you really need to tape them running 6s...
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC poster
    I've just blown out one of the stock Talons myself. . . Good times.

RC Champion
    If you run stock pre glued Talons that come with the E Revo and run 6s, they will turn into pizza cutters and just let go.

You would think they would come pre taped or just let ya know what will happen.....
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Racer
    I can't even imagine the stock Talons on 6S. Mine were so out that one started to bounce at 15mph or so, and two more stated at around 25-30mph. At 35mph I thought the ERBE was going to shake apart. I had to put an unbelievable amount of puddy on one wheel just to get it close.

RC Competitor
    I only run 4s on my revo, For some reason the tires were so unbalanced it would shake like crazy at full speed. I got a set of mashers im putting on it just waiting on my bead locks to get here.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by skinindustries1 View Post
    I only run 4s on my revo, For some reason the tires were so unbalanced it would shake like crazy at full speed. I got a set of mashers im putting on it just waiting on my bead locks to get here.
    Same with me. I put on some taped Trenchers and it's very smooth now. I haven't even put them on the balancer yet (be cause they won't fit) but still very smooth running and no ballooning either......Nice!!!

RC Champion
    IMO all tires should be balanced and taped. If the tires come pre glued at least balance them.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

Taping tyres is the way to go ...I am a firm believer in balancing them too.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Don't forget to overlap while taping. I'm afraid the tape in one of my badlands has shredded where the 2 layers join, I didn't overlap.. Still need to take apart the tire but you can see that there is obviously something wrong in the tire.