RC Racer

What brushless setup?

Ok Castle is good vxl is good what is the best for under one hundred bucks Sensorless.
    Last edited by Jawehner1419; 06-10-2013 at 07:21 PM.

RC Racer
    Will the leparod work!?!?!?!

http://www.hobbypartz.com/26p-blcomb...2r-3300kv.html

I want it to work with stock traxxas pede

I stopped ordering from hobby partz. Got burned 1 too many times.

That combo will prob work. It does have one of those "380 motor inside a finned 540 can types". It will run a bit hotter than a real 540 motor, so watch your temps with a temp gun, and gear accordingly. Really though, a castle 3800 or 4600 combo is a much better deal at $110.
    Whats in my wallet?
    I cant afford a wallet...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawehner1419 View Post
    Will the leparod work!?!?!?!

http://www.hobbypartz.com/26p-blcomb...2r-3300kv.html

I want it to work with stock traxxas pede
    There are some people who do use them and get a good run for it. The only problem is it is from abroad, so you are really looking at what the after service is like. Should anything happen to the combo, how much will it cost to send back versus, getting it here and have speedy as well as a good, well known warranty (castle, traxxas etc).
    As long as you gear any system and take acre of them, they will do right by you. The brusless systems are almost maintenance free; so unless you are really testing the limits then it should be fine.
    Like anything you buy; it can be the rolls Royce of all marks but fails non stop, or it may be the worst mark that every one comes or mentions but then last for ever without any trouble.
    I may also buy one of these (along the line, in due time) after seeing some you tubers having a great run with them.
    Right now on my first pede I am running a 4pole 4550kv Onyx water proof combo, and loving.
    Good luck with your search
    Last edited by Jezza; 06-10-2013 at 08:08 PM.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Racer
    Ya well i havn't drove my car for like 3 months. Do i need to get a new speed control?

RC Racer
    Also what is a good brushless motor to combo with stay under 100 like 70 bucks all together.

RC Champion
    Ya well i havn't drove my car for like 3 months. Do i need to get a new speed control?
    Eventually you could upgrade to a 2.4 radio system. Myself that will be the next move, right now I am still using the old crystal and eye poking radio transmitter, risk, now that I have a brushless, hopefully it will not go out of range.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Champion
    You have been given more than enough information to get your truck running. Either install a new brushed motor or buy a new combo. And the reason I say combo is because the XL-5 does not support brushless motors. If you want to buy the cheap stuff from the Chinese based company's then do so but your much better off paying the extra money for the brand name stuff due to the warranty, parts support, and available information.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

RC Racer
    Cc mamba max 2200kv 3s lol

RC Champion
    Here is a reveiw on it
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    I stopped ordering from hobby partz. Got burned 1 too many times.

That combo will prob work. It does have one of those "380 motor inside a finned 540 can types". It will run a bit hotter than a real 540 motor, so watch your temps with a temp gun, and gear accordingly. Really though, a castle 3800 or 4600 combo is a much better deal at $110.
    That's my vote too. Really nice system for $110. Both of them.

RC Racer
    I say that he said it was good, but he said the motor is crap. A lot of people say the tacon with the leopard esc is really good. I think in a few months or when I burn up the stock motor with Ill get a Tacon.

RC Racer
    I run a cheap system and it does ok a tacon 3674 2800kv that was 30$ and a hobby. Wing 120 amp esc 40$ for the money can't beat it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Your much better off just biting the bullet and buying the VXL or the castle combo. It will be much better in the long run.
    And we thought toy grade RC's where cool...

RC Qualifier
    Do the sv3 with 4600 you can get free shipping and 10 dollars off on towerhobies and it will get you to right below the 100 dollar mark and it is the best system I have owned. So just do it!
    "Duct tape and superglue are my spareparts"

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by slashbasher24 View Post
    Do the sv3 with 4600 you can get free shipping and 10 dollars off on towerhobies and it will get you to right below the 100 dollar mark and it is the best system I have owned. So just do it!
    +1 I just put this combo in my Diggerpede, and I can't believe how much power comes out of that little can!