RC Racer

Suspension set ups

I've had my revo 3.3 for two years now. Just put a new motor and sway bar kit in. I am just looking to find more info on anything suspension. Color code of springs, the rocker arm differences. How long the sway bar links should be etc etc. I know I'm not being very specific but if you need more clarification just say so

RC Qualifier
    I use a light spring rate and a thick shock oil (55+). Been running that setup for about a year and it works well.

RC Racer
    How well is the rebound? No sag?

RC Qualifier
    Rebound is slow. It sags a little but when you are moving it works well. Spring rate doesn't determine your ride height, spring length and preload do. It takes the big stuff well. I run on the track with it 90% of the time. I'll take a picture to show the ride height.

Full travel

I dropped it from a couple feet and this is where it sat
    Last edited by Double G; 07-09-2013 at 08:09 AM. Reason: merge

RC Racer
    Sweet body! Stock body? Did you paint it? What rocker arms? And what spot on the A arms are the push rods at?

Quote Originally Posted by 1_handed_bandit_green View Post
    I've had my revo 3.3 for two years now. Just put a new motor and sway bar kit in. I am just looking to find more info on anything suspension. Color code of springs, the rocker arm differences. How long the sway bar links should be etc etc. I know I'm not being very specific but if you need more clarification just say so
    Your manual has good information into the spring and rocker differences as well as the roll center, caster and camber. If you don't have a manual, download it through the Support tab above.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    I was trying to get personal information. I know there is info in the manual. And the manual doesn't have specs on aftermarket sway bars which is what I'm trying to understand a lot more.

RC Qualifier
    The body is the revo platinum body. The rockers are the p2's, I think they are in the middle holes.

RC Racer
    That's what I was thinking about the body. I have the p2 on as well. I've tried 60wt but the sag and rebound I don't like. To have a stiff responsive shock should I go with heavy oil light spring?

That's what I was thinking about the body. I have the p2 on as well. I've tried 60wt but the sag and rebound I don't like. To have a stiff responsive shock should I go with heavy oil light spring?
    The light spring will not overcome the heavy oil and it will sag and not respond the way you want. If you go a heavier oil you'll have to go to a stiffer spring. Too stiff a spring and too light an oil will make the truck real bouncy. The spring holds the weight, the shock dampens the spring action.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    I use the green and gold springs. So they are right in the middle.

RC Qualifier
    If you want a faster rebound try 50wt but I wouldn't go below that.

Faster rebound rate requires thinner oil and/OR a more firm a shock spring depending on the situation. Too fast a rebound rate will make the truck bouncy, too slow a rebound rate will make it easier to lose traction when you apply power. Or you apply power and it seems to want to spin out of a turn way too easily..
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...