RC Qualifier

Rip mamba monster :(

So I was out doing a trail run with my emaxx. Stopped for 5 minutes and had it turned off. I then turned it back on . Hit the gas and within 2 seconds it started smoking and went up in fire... The lipos puffed right up so they are ruined too. What would have caused this? Will castle warranty the esc ? I was no where near water and was running it easy by the way

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Low c batteries will cause ripple current, and it will toast the Esc. If the truck is new you might be able to get the warranty.

Unlucky one mate...as RC-Fan said if new you may be able to get warranty. Good luck.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    That's a bummer stealth, hope you can get it replaced. I have a box for all my broken parts you can put it in.

RC Qualifier
    Ill send it back anyway, I have 2 mamba monsters and a sidewinder sv2 to get replaced now...

RC Enthusiast
    If you have a break for say 10 minutes, do you need to disconnect the batteries from the ESC? Will the batteries still being connected even though the esc is switched off contribute to the esc smoking?

RC Qualifier
    When the ESC switched is off, the batteries are still getting power to the Fet power tranisters. The switch is for turning on/off the 5vdc used for the ESC logic curcuits, and the 5vdc is also used for the receiver supply voltage. It's always best to disconnect one of the battery leads when the ESC is not being used. I had a ESC go out on me this year, and I took very good care of it. My ESC was 5 years old, but electronics that work with a lot of amps will eventually poop out. That's just the way it is.

If you disconnect the batteries when the ESC is not in use, use nothing less than a Traxxas 5000mah 25c batteries (or 30c with other batteries), use compressed air to keep the dust out, and keep your truck out of heavy water (the Mamba 2 is water proof, but the Mamba 1, batteries, battery connnections, and fans are not), you will have done all you can do to take care of your ESC. The rest will depend on how you drive, and wether or not you use 4s or 6s. I use 6s myself.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks ReglarDude, great to know