Thread: titan or mamba?

RC poster

titan or mamba?

I was really planning on going with a Mamba monster in my 3906 I have mostly everything upgraded for it but then I was thinking of a titan 775 which would be better? anyone let me know what the pluses and minuses of each are?

thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    well, the Mamba is brushless while the Titan is brushed. I'd go for the brushless over brushed, that's just my opinion
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC poster
    ha yeah I knew that but I didn't know if there was any advantages of the titan I had brushed in it before but I never had anything brushless so I didn't know is there anything I should know about brushless that is very important?

RC Racer
    Go brushless

RC poster
    Go brushless you will enjoy it a whole lot more

RC poster
    I found the first mamba monster esc not the water proof one for cheaper and the hpi tork 2650. does that sound like a good match? it's cheaper then the mamba monster 2 esc and motor combo

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boyerde52 View Post
    I found the first mamba monster esc not the water proof one for cheaper and the hpi tork 2650. does that sound like a good match? it's cheaper then the mamba monster 2 esc and motor combo
    this is basically the same as the MMM/2200 they are also made by Castle creations.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HPI-Blur...item589c5f0e24
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HPI-Flux...item1c32b1b179

the 2650KV is a fast motor so I would gear it low and let the motor do the speed.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Enthusiast
    I actually picked up a used mamba for 70$ today! I only bought it because I think I broke my hobbywing 2200kv sensored or ESC. Either way I got a new HW150A esc and a mamba, see how it goes.

Also the hpi 2200kv supposedly won't fit unless you grind a part of the heatsink down, or so I read....

RC Racer
    hi I have at brushed e maxx earing 68 spur and 20 pinion with 2x2cell 4200 and 5800 mah it is a lot of fun but the brushed titan 775 burns the batteries fast but it is still waterproof since i run the stock esc. I also have a brusless it is also at lot of fun but you will break stuff much more if you run 2x3cell you will crash and burn parts alot but it is fun

If you drive the truck with 2x2cell and gear it so you run 25 - 30 mph you should be good try this www.scriptasylum.com