Thread: Ahhh crap

RC Racer

Thumbs down Ahhh crap

So now my velenion motor rotor is moving all around and there's a stripped screw so I can't take the motor out

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Try using a dremel to cut a slot in the head of the screw, then use a small flat head screwdriver to take it out.

FLM BL E-MAXX ~ BL E-4TEC Drifter ~ Pro-Trac Slash ~ SCX-10 ~ Wraith ~Custom 6WD Crawler~ 3 Losi micro scalers
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    You dont have to buy an expensive roto tool to do the fix.
    Harbor frieght sells a 10$ roto tool kit that is perfect for light duty jobs such as this.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC poster
    I usually drill the head out like a rivet then pliers to remove the stud

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Yeah, I meant "Dremel" in the generic form. Any rotor tool will do the job. I actually replaced my broken dremel with a more powerful yet cheaper Black 'n Decker unit. All the Dremel chucks and accessories fit it, too.

FLM BL E-MAXX ~ BL E-4TEC Drifter ~ Pro-Trac Slash ~ SCX-10 ~ Wraith ~Custom 6WD Crawler~ 3 Losi micro scalers
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Racer
    I have Dremel bits that fit on a drill

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Yeah that harbor freight unit is not very powerful. Your not gonna cut out an aluminum chassis with it, but the 80 piece bit and accessory kit that it comes with is worth 2 times what you pay for the entire package. When I run out of cutoff wheels, its cheaper to just buy another roto tool kit than buy cutoff wheels. I have 2 spare roto tools lol.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???