Thread: best bumper

RC Qualifier

best bumper

what would be a better tube style bumper the traxxas aluminum bumpers or the itegey titanium i have the traxxas ones and am straitening them quite often would like a stronger tube style bumper than the traxxas aluminum ones
    men drive nitro

RC Competitor
    I've heard alot of bad things about Integy parts being to weak. So i suggest staying away from them at all costs is best idea. But I'm sure someone will come up with a good aftermarket part that will be good in price and of better quality.
    T-Maxx 3.3 #4909 Restored.

RC Racer
    Integy got a bad rap for awhile, the history was that they were using a weaker aluminum. Not today's product coming off the Integy line is much better, my truck is almost all RPM. But any aluminum stuff on the truck is Integy and what I do have, I'm very happy with. As far as other threads I read they all the same thing , what ever Integy was doing wrong in the past they have resolved the issue. The problem is they simply cant shake the bad reputation.

RC Qualifier
    i just want a stronger bumper
    men drive nitro

RC Qualifier
    I would suggest rpm. The problem with an aluminum bumper, or front skid, is that the aluminum will transfer the energy from an impact to other parts, instead of absorbing as designed. It will cause you to break bulkheads in an impact that otherwise would not break a bulkhead. T-bone makes some nice bumpers also.
    T-maxx 3.3
    Rusty 2.5r
    Summit VXL
    Nitro 4-tec

RC Competitor
    RPM Bumper with A-Arms, Bulkheads and Braces is the way to go! Cheap in price (compared to aluminum) but well worth its weight in gold!

RC Qualifier
    i use the plastic bumper mounts so transfer of energy isent a problem and therpm ones i mangle upand crack i was done warrentying the rpm bumper a long time ago and the arms are a must has any one used the integy ti bumper
    men drive nitro

RC Qualifier
    stock plastic for best $$$ damage control. I want my bumper to break in an accident to absorb shock... If I was to buy a hardened steeel bumper that is very strong or a titanium bumper that is difficult to bend it will transfer shock to other areas of truck... Out of curiosity is RPM A-Arms a hard plastic like stock a arms or more flexible?

RC Qualifier
    thats y i use the stock bumper mounts and metal bumper so im not breaking bumpers and i still have a absorber i think the arms are more robust and in a crash have more give than stock all around better arms just a lil heavier than stock but very very lil
    men drive nitro