Diff Oils and Shock Oils...

Hey guys, I'm looking for some advise on what diff oil and shock oil I should use in my Summit. Right now I'm running 60 wt shock oil with the variable damping kit, and the stock 100k weight diff oil. For the diff oil I'm looking for something a bit thicker, because the 100k thins out after awhile. For the shock oil I was originally running the stock 30 wt, but it was too thin. I put some 60 wt in, but I can hardly even notice a difference. So, what weight diff oil and shock oil is everyone using?
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    You did not notice a diffrence with the 60wt because stock shock oil in the summit is 50wt. Why would you want to run thicker in the diffs? That's what the locker is for

RC Champion
    Woops forgot to mention in running 80 with the vbr kit and find that is just about perfect.

RC Qualifier
    50wt is stock for shocks. I run 60wt front and 80wt rear. Stock pistons.
    i think you can do 500k for the diffs. Others have. Thick stuff.
    Last edited by Captain Switchblade; 07-08-2013 at 08:08 AM.
    Working hard to appear reasonably sane.

So the stock shock fluid is 50 wt??? Wow, guess I learn new things every day!

The reason I want thicker diff fluid is I drive in grass a lot, and thicker diff fluid helps. I would use the diff lockers, but last time I did that I blew up the spider gears...
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    So the stock shock fluid is 50 wt??? Wow, guess I learn new things every day!

The reason I want thicker diff fluid is I drive in grass a lot, and thicker diff fluid helps. I would use the diff lockers, but last time I did that I blew up the spider gears...
    Increasing the thickness of the oil also increases the stress on the gears.
    Working hard to appear reasonably sane.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Switchblade View Post
    Increasing the thickness of the oil also increases the stress on the gears.
    And in turn shortens your battery life a little.

RC Enthusiast
    per the summit parts list the stock shock oil is 30WT and diff oil is 100WT. to clear any confusion here is the link to the parts list and i refer to the Shocks (GTR) section http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...rts-130304.pdf

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by kwlever View Post
    per the summit parts list the stock shock oil is 30WT and diff oil is 100WT. to clear any confusion here is the link to the parts list and i refer to the Shocks (GTR) section http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...rts-130304.pdf
    Don't forget that parts list does several different veh I think those shocks and suspension components go on 3 different veh. Probably the erevo uses the 30wt. If you look in your summit manual it says stock is 50wt

RC Enthusiast
    thats odd because at the top of this page it says Summit: TQi 2.4GHz Radio, LiPO (5607L) Parts List. but maybe im just crazy.

RC Enthusiast
    So in my eyes its traxxas's mess up on that.

RC Champion
    If you start to read the individual parts you will see summit, erevo and one of the nitro trucks listed becide the parts. I was a little puzzled when I was looking at it to untill I really started to read it.

RC Racer
    It lists revo springs on that page. not only the double orange and the double yellow.
    Brushless 19/62 SPC 8.2 It's not a Tekin or a MM