RC poster

New 2 RC. Traxxas Blast battery Questions.

I'm very new to RC. I bought a traxxas blast for our pond. I love it. Battery question, is there a stock available that offers more run time? I've looked and can't figure out what to buy. Also, what battery charger should I buy that will charge my traxxas 7.2v 3000MAH battery or the longer run time battery (if there is one) faster. I want to stay stock approved upgrades to avoid maintenance and problems. I would appreciate any help and advice. I run this boat on our 2 acre pond. Thank you.

RC Champion
    Think of the milliamps of a battery as a "gas tank". The higher the milliamps, the longer the runtime. Look for a battery with 4600-5000+mAh. As far as chargers, I would recommend the Duratrax Onyx 235/245 or the Dynamite Passport Ultra/Ultra Force. You can adjust the charge rate on these to enable a quicker charge. Make sure to read the instructions before doing this though. NiMH batteries do not like being overheated. Run them, and then let them cool down for and hour or so before you charge them again. When I was running NiMH batteries, I only charged then once a day. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend a good place to get a NiMH battery anymore. I used to get mine from ProMatch, but they only sell LiPo now. I would suggest sticking with the Traxxas PowerCell batteries and just look for a higher milliamp rating. Good luck.
    Was an xl-5, now its vxl-ent!

RC poster
    Thank You! Ok. I want to stick with Traxxas products as I just don't want to read and want to avoid problems. Maybe after awhile I will venture out, but for now I am a major novice and just looking for simple. I thank you for your reply. Gives me direction to go in.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 94bronc View Post
    Thank You! Ok. I want to stick with Traxxas products as I just don't want to read and want to avoid problems. Maybe after awhile I will venture out, but for now I am a major novice and just looking for simple. I thank you for your reply. Gives me direction to go in.
    get another traxxas battery and a quick charger so whileb1 charges you can drive

RC Champion
    If you want simple then this charger is about as simple as you can get. Just plug it in and it will charge your stock battery in about 45 minutes.
    http://traxxas.com/products/parts/chargers/2930ezpeak

This is the highest capacity battery Traxxas has for the stock Blast. The charger above will charge it in just a hair over an hour.
    http://buy.traxxas.com/product_info....oducts_id=5407

Personally for the price instead of that battery I would buy a couple more stock batteries.
    Last edited by RobWilJas; 07-04-2013 at 11:50 PM.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

RC poster
    7.2v 3000mah Ni-MH RC Battery and iCharger 306B combo seem pretty on to my traxxas blast. Offers better run time. Have a look at http://www.mrpositive.co.nz for more stock batteries.