RC Qualifier

NA`s Mini Summit Build

I acquired a lot of 1/16 stuff last month: ------> LINK

I started with a used VXL Summit, then swapped for the brushed system and AM radio set of a brand new Merv. It has Merv axels and RPM A-arms. Do I ever like the brushed setup for the Mini Summit. Much better at low speeds. I ended up using a stock servo just to be operational until other options are looked at.

Tires for it:
    -Canyons with optional chains
    -Trenchers
    -Road Rages
    -Dirt Hawgs
    -Talons

Any must have upgrades?

To SUMMIT up, its my coolest RC.

RC Qualifier
    I have a new set of bumpers, bumper mounts, exo-cage and body post coming to replace the shredders that are currently on it

RC Qualifier
    Nice grab NA as far as upgrades you have the merv axles might get a set of steel pillow balls for it check the diffs make sure they are shunned and maybe change the springs I ram blue up front purple in the rear. I also ran trenchers but they are sticky and will cause to roll over more at higher speeds. Might cut notches on the front of the battery doors to run your batteries the other way keeps the extra battery wire from getting in axle and tire if not using parallel adapter
    Let's Go Steelers!!!... KCCO

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Timber, I do also have the blue/purple springs already. Steel hollow balls are going on soon. I have to order some shims soon... what size for these 1/16`s?

RC Qualifier
    Shims are associated 21141 I believe ...they all over the 1/16 threads just search it

On phone not sure how to put a link in but a few threads down is new 1/16 summit Vxl owner post number 4 has the link for the shim and how to do it
    Last edited by cooleocool; 07-09-2013 at 06:26 PM. Reason: merge

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Ask and ye shall receive:
    Setting up your bulkhead

Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    ahh jimmie to the rescue, thats the link and works very well since I never had attempted shimming a diff before that thread is very well done and has been reposted probably more then any link in the 1/16 threads lol

RC Qualifier
    Well, got the shims ordered. Should be here this coming week. I don't think there is any thread Ive seen more times on this forum than Jimmies bulkhead thread and I only just got into 1/16 lol

Good read for sure.