Thread: Motor won't fit

RC poster

Question Motor won't fit

Hi Community

I got an old Revo #5310 with a 2.5 motor, now i bought a revo #5304 (Platinum) chassis an would like to put my motor in it.

But the 2.5 motor won't fit, its to close to the spur gear and i can't mount the air filter.....

The platinum chassis came with a Sirio TX motor which has a bigger motor mount, but i thought the mount (#5360) for trx-engines should always be the same size?!?

The newer Revo got a longer chassis than the old one, is that my problem? Do i have tu buy a new 3.3 motor, because the Sirio doesn't work anymore

Regards Hi-Fish

The only difference in size is in front of the tranny. The 2.5 and 3.3 use the same mount. Unless something is mounted incorrectly it should fit.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    With the picco motors we ran on our Revos, I put the filter on the carb before bolting the engine down.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Racer
    chassis might be bent

RC Competitor
    What size cb are u using. Loosen your motor mount and roll it completely down. Bolt your motor on with the filter, ez start wires and everything fully attached. Then adjust your cb to your spur gear. I. Would also save the 2.5 chassis and put a 3.3 motor on it. I have it and mine is way faster than my friends with his long chassis.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/360507198307...84.m1423.l2649
    That is a 3.3 fully ready to drop in.
    Zip ties work wonders for broken shock towers!

RC poster
    Hi again

I don't think that my chassis is bent, because the motor on its own chassis fits well....

@ just plain

What do you mean with "cb"? I'm from the other side of the sea, so i'm not so good in english

Here i got some pictures.....

2.5 engine on the 3.3 chassis (engine to close to the gear):

Sirio engine on the 3.3 chassis:

I think the transmission-box should be the same size on both cars?

Greets Hi-Fish

RC Racer
    I know it sounds a bit crude but loosen the screws for the engine mount and pry the engine back a wee bit with a flat blade screw driver then tighten up the screws,i had to do that when mounting my picco .26

whats wrong with the sirio,if you could get that running that would be a marked improvement over the 2.5r

cb = clutch bell
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    Ok thanks... i'm going to try your inputs.....

I normaly drive brushless cars, i'm almost never worked an drove nitro cars. It's time to get some experience