RC Enthusiast

Proud of My Summit!

Well I tore my Summit down to the bare chassis 3 months ago to RIT dye the chassis black and I just temporarily lost interest. Well yesterday I finally picked up where I left off and dyed the chassis and cantilevers black. It took awhile to remember how everything goes back together since I have not touched it in so long, but after 4 hours of looking at the parts blowout and online pictures she is back together and not one screw left behind

I think it came out fantastic and I am very proud of my Summit. With an RC so perfect out of the box, there are not many modifications needed to be made. The gearing is perfect, brushed motor is fine for what the vehicle is intended for, locked diffs work great, steering servos have plenty of torque and everything is waterproof.

In my opinion there are 3 definite weak points and 1 possible weak point. The chassis and cantilevers should have come in black not gray. The light bar should have had real working LEDs in it not fake. The slop in the transmission. The only thing that may or may not be a weak point is the tires, it just depends on what surface you are running on. Well I have dyed the chassis and I put the Traxxas real LED light bar in so far. I am trying to keep the modifications as tasteful as possible as not to hurt the value.

Does anyone have a definite solution to the transmission slop? I am very interested in taking the slop away. Also what tires can you recommend that I can mount on the stock wheels? I am looking for an all around good tire that is bigger than stock. Thank you in advance and here she is!

RC Enthusiast
    Looking good

RC Enthusiast
    Thank You!

RC Qualifier
    The mudslingers from rc4wd mount up on the geodes and are bigger.

RC Champion
    mudslingers all the way i love mine

I'd get Pro line Trencher X's. I love mine!

Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Racer
    I see you are running the stock double yellow springs in the back, and have cranked them up to be stiffer. You could swap those out for some double orange springs for about $6, and not have to spin the rings all the way up. There are only 2 Summit specific spring choices. Traxxas part #5648 double yellow with a 4.9 rate, and Traxxas part #5649 double orange with a 5.4 rate. A lot of Summit owners swap out the double yellows to have double orange all the way around.
    Brushless 19/62 SPC 8.2 It's not a Tekin or a MM

RC Qualifier
    I got the trenchers as well but the narrower ones. Probably my favorite all around tire but the f11 wheels have no offset so running on stock body I get rubbing.