RC poster

Bent Center Driveshaft

My son and I bash our cars pretty hard. He has bent 2 center drive shafts now. It looks like under running conditions the center drive shaft is rubbing on the bottom of the chasis where the drive shaft passes though to the front diff. Any ideas on correcting this issue? I think I'm going to take the dremeland enlarge the hole. Any suggestions for a stronger drive shaft?

RC Qualifier
    I run a STRC, seems to be doing well. The Tekno is probably the strongest, lots of people have very good things to say about it.
    Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Pick 2.

RC Champion
    I run the center shaft from Tekno and I would say it is the strongest part on my rally next to the KHZ mount. They look awesome too!
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Racer
    I would also recommend the Tekno Drive shaft, it holds up very well!

RC poster
    After a short run at the skate park last night I think I disovered the main problem. The chassis is cracked allowing the front end to flex and bendind the shaft on hard impacts. Ordered a new chassis this morning. Has anyone installed the chassis brace from VGR? I'm wondering if it really stiffens the chassis and removes the flex.

Thanks for the replies.

RC Enthusiast
    VG Racing makes a great chassis brace. This will almost stop the front of the chassis from bending under stress and keep it from breaking, as well as stop bending drive shafts.

http://www.vgracing.com/mm5/merchant...Brace_Slash4x4

Will-
    Will-
    SEMPER FI!!!!

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I would suggest the Tekno driveshaft also. I have one on my Slash 4x4 and its the bee's knees.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore