RC Qualifier

tqi stopped fonctionning during a run.

Hi everyone, i have a 2ch 2.4ghz tqi that came with my slash 4x4. I bought an ipod touch 4th gen and the docking base on friday, to add telemetry to it. Everything worked fine until this morning, my tx stopped working. The light on the tx is red and green together and is very weak. And now, it is not linking with traxxas link app or the truck. Does somebody knows what is happenning?

Thanks!
    Summit RX8/1550kv-Slash4x4 MM2/2400kv Twin-V Merv.

RC poster
    Hi
    I have the same exact problem. I emailed traxxas support yesterday with my problems and am waiting their response. From what I understand is that the firmware in the TX is corrupted due to an unfinished or corrupted firmware update, which would have been stared by your ipod app.

read this
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...mitter-Problem

Please contact traxxas yourself and ask the tech support this question and post back your outcome. They will probably want the TX sent in. I can not send my TX into traxxas as I live in Australia and shipping is a killer.

Thanks
    SantaAus

RC Qualifier
    Well, i just got traxxas support on the phone, and the told me to send it to them. But the problem is i'm in Canada, and it cost auroud 150$ to send it to Texas. So if idon't send it to them, they won't do nothing. And they don't want to pay for the shipping fees... So, i'm screwed. I'll just buy an other brand and put that tqi to garbage... it is their firmware that is causing the problem, and they should pay for all the extra expenses that it is causing. Let's just say that i'm not a happy customer.
    Summit RX8/1550kv-Slash4x4 MM2/2400kv Twin-V Merv.

RC poster

TQi not working

Hi
    Around few days ago i bought the xo 1 from Uk and brought it to India, Mumbai. My car worked fine for the first 2 days but then on the third day my transmitter was connected to the car and worked fine but then suddenly lost link to the receiver. After that my iphone also did not recognise my radio and my radio refused to go into binding or programming mode. I even tried to reset it but the set and menu buttons were not functioning. I contacted traxxas but they said it would be cheaper to buy a new remote instead of getting a replacement from them which involved shipping my remote to them in USAand i had to bear all the costs of shipping,customs and taxes as i live in India. They were not even willing to give me a replacement from the traxxas India office in Delhi, where i had taken my car for troubleshooting from mumbai. My car is not even a week old and i already need to buy a new remote. I have already spent a bomb on this xo1 and now i have to spend more.Clearly Traxxas is not equipped to provide support for their products in India.They need to empower the Indian office to give more support in such cases.My whole joy of buying an expensive hobby gadget has gone.In this day and age you need customers to be your brand ambassadors but my experience with Traxxas is is very poor and i am disllusioned withe their service levels and policy.

RC Enthusiast
    my tx just stopped working all together after only about a month and about 6 runs. led doesnt come on at all. sent it in today. we'll see how the warranty process goes.
    emaxx nitro 4-tec
    tmaxx tl-01
    slash slash 4x4

RC poster
    Hi, All
    I'm new to the forum so this is my first post, but I wanted to chime in here cause my new TQi did the same thing all was working just fine then when I went and turned it on the battery light didn't come on at all. So after doing all the simple stuff i.e. change battery etc. I called Traxxas they told me it was probbly a soft ware glitch and I would need it sent back to them to be sure. I asked if I would be able to flash it my self and they told me no cause every remote is alittle differant when the problem happens. They tried to do some things like that but it wouldn't work cause of the differant parts of the software it affected. So I sent my TQi in and in a week and a half they just sent me a new TQI 3 channel to replace mine. the support tech also told me not to worry ( cause I own 3 TQi's two 3 channels and a 4 channel) and that Traxxas has my back. He said that Traxxas knows about the software problem (and it doesn't effect all Tx just some) but if any other of my TQi's fail just call. they will take care of them for a few months from the date of purchase but if it happens say like 2 years out your on your own. Hope this helps everyone to understand this problem Traxxas is having.

RC Qualifier
    traxxas must be paying u to post this message whenever someone has a tqi problem
    why not tell traxxas to send me a new tqi to replace my broken one and also put a return post bag in the package too
    so then I can send my broken one back because I aint paying 50 bucks to send mine to them and have to wait 2 months
    its easier to pay 70 bucks and buy a new tqi controller which will probably fail in a week anyway so then after that ill just
    sell my erevo to make up the 70 bucks I wasted hehehehe